Author Topic: Crossbreed Micro Clip  (Read 7845 times)

Offline spursguy10

Crossbreed Micro Clip
« on: June 15, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »
So I have been thinking about an alternative to pocket carry while in dress clothes. I do not like how large the crossbreed mini-tuck is, but the micro clip seems to be a great size. Now I would only be interested in the horse hide, due to the quality of the leather; but other than that, what are some opinions on the microclip?

ALSO: I do want opinions on the velcro clips instead of the regular ones. That way it truly stays hidden.

Thanks!!
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Holsters/IWBInsideWaistBand/tabid/56/List/0/ProductID/4/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2CProductName
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
-Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Crossbreed Micro Clip
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:01 PM »
I am ignorant about Crossbreed holsters.

But I can tell you this, having to work daily in dress clothes  for 20 years, I found  pocket carry the most comfortable way to carry a gun the size of an R9.

The key is the holster.  May I suggest Robert at Mecco.
http://mecopocketholsters.com/index.htm

NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
So I have been thinking about an alternative to pocket carry while in dress clothes. I do not like how large the crossbreed mini-tuck is, but the micro clip seems to be a great size. Now I would only be interested in the horse hide, due to the quality of the leather; but other than that, what are some opinions on the microclip?

ALSO: I do want opinions on the velcro clips instead of the regular ones. That way it truly stays hidden.

Thanks!!
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Holsters/IWBInsideWaistBand/tabid/56/List/0/ProductID/4/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2CProductName

I will agree with Reinz as well.  I know you want an alternative to pocket carry, however, I still have to wear dress clothes occasionally and find the sharkskin pocket holster from Meco always comfortable.  It works.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:42:30 PM »
Pocket Carry is Nice, But, try and get to it when Seated,  CAR,
Chair, Etc.  Crossbreed is the way to go, you will like it, if you do Not like, return it, get your Money Back. ( Never ask someone how there shoes feel to them). ;D ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:08:13 PM »
Try to get to anything that is on you seated in a car other than a seatbelt mount or shoulder holster.  They are all difficult!  
Granted the pocket is the worse. :P
Which is why I carry a dedicated truck gun OFF the body!  Which is totally separate from my "carry" guns.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »
Pocket  ( Never ask someone how there shoes feel to them). ;D ;D

Man, of the best things I ever did was take someone elses advise on shoes.  Got some of the most comfortable working-stand up- all day long- work-dress shoes I ever wore.   :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 10:16:39 PM »
Pocket Carry is Nice, But, try and get to it when Seated,  CAR,
Chair, Etc.  Crossbreed is the way to go, you will like it, if you do Not like, return it, get your Money Back. ( Never ask someone how there shoes feel to them). ;D ;D

You've got a point, Ratzo.  I do have a crossdraw for the car or truck; seems to work fine.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 10:18:54 PM »

Man, of the best things I ever did was take someone elses advise on shoes.  Got some of the most comfortable working-stand up- all day long- work-dress shoes I ever wore.   :D

My wife gets advice on what shoes to buy all the time; her closet is full of shoes!    :D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
Try to get to anything that is on you seated in a car other than a seatbelt mount or shoulder holster.  They are all difficult!  
Granted the pocket is the worse. :P
Which is why I carry a dedicated truck gun OFF the body!  Which is totally separate from my "carry" guns.

I mentionsed above about the crossdraw.  Solves the problem of hard to get to.  Really works.    :)

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »

Thanks!!

I have a SuperTuck Deluxe for my G19, along with a Crossbreed belt with the velcro sewn to the inside to accomodate the velco clips.

I haven't used this setup for very long, but I assure you the velcro clips vanish and the holster does not move. It's a very good design/setup.

I was considering a mini Tuck for my R9. I didn't see the holster you were considering. If you purchase it, please report back and let us know what you think; maybe I'll purchase the holster at your link instead.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:39:34 AM by Dire_Straits »
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
I have a horsehide "Crossbreed Micro clip"  and I think it works very well.  Mine has the standard clips, so I can't comment on the velcro.  That being said, I felt like I was "insulting" my R9, with the plastic and leather combo, so I went to Robert at Meco with a design idea for an IWB shark clip holster.  "See my thread "My New Shark IWB" .  I like the Meco better overall, easier on and off and a smaller footprint.  Both are very comfortable, and you will forget you have either on.

Pete

Offline spursguy10

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
I have a horsehide "Crossbreed Micro clip"  and I think it works very well.  Mine has the standard clips, so I can't comment on the velcro.  That being said, I felt like I was "insulting" my R9, with the plastic and leather combo, so I went to Robert at Meco with a design idea for an IWB shark clip holster.  "See my thread "My New Shark IWB" .  I like the Meco better overall, easier on and off and a smaller footprint.  Both are very comfortable, and you will forget you have either on.

Pete

How often do you use the microclip Pete?
Also, does the holster move around during the day?
Thanks!
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
-Clint Eastwood

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 11:02:44 PM »
Ref to Crossbreed
Crossbreed people told me that if you re going to carry alot go with the Mini Tuck, if it is just fot running to the store or a short time carry go with the Microclip, Not as sturdy for the long haul. ;) ;)

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 02:04:28 AM »

How often do you use the microclip Pete?
Also, does the holster move around during the day?
Thanks!

I don't use the Micro clip much since I got the Meco.  
Both holsters are very stable with a small pistol like the R9.
One costs a little the other costs more.  I'm not knocking the Micro Clip at all it's a great holster, I just prefer my Shark skin Meco's for the R9.  I have  a Meco shark pocket holster also, so I am covered for which ever works best.

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 10:37:04 AM »

I don't use the Micro clip much since I got the Meco.  
Both holsters are very stable with a small pistol like the R9.
One costs a little the other costs more.  I'm not knocking the Micro Clip at all it's a great holster, I just prefer my Shark skin Meco's for the R9.  I have  a Meco shark pocket holster also, so I am covered for which ever works best.

You interested in selling the Micro Clip?
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8