Author Topic: Kydex OWB needed for the R9  (Read 6480 times)

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
Kydex OWB needed for the R9
« on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:38 AM »
I'm searching for a Kydex OWB holster for my R9. Some searches and links have provided dead ends; I am considering the Crossbreed mini slide.....before I place an order, can anyone here recommend something else I should consider first?

I don't really want to spend more than $60 for the holster at this time.

Thanks.
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
Re: Kydex OWB needed for the R9
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 06:22:33 PM »
What about increasing my budget to $100+ and I will now consider a leather OWB holster.

Recommendations?
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, said the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:06:41 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:12:45 PM »
Look in some of the older Classifieds or do a search.  PJ makes very good affordable Kydex holsters.

Also Thor, is making some very nice looking holsters as well.  I don't know what his price structure is, but just find one of his posts and PM him.

Good Luck
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »
I wish I had come across this thread earlier.  Reinz, thank you for your kind words. 

I'm staying pretty busy building leather, kydex, and hybrid holsters as of late.   Oddly enough I still carry my beloved pup in my Bear Creek sharkskin that I purchased before I started making my own holsters.  I have yet to build one for an R9! 

If you are still wanting a holster made for your R9, I'll be happy to make one for you.   Feel free to PM me or email me at adamhamm1@gmail.com

-adam
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:26 PM »
Not to gloat, but I've been getting excellent feedback on my hybrid holsters lately.   Here's a pic of one I finished the other day for a gentleman's XDs.  Sorry for the picture quality, they were taken with a cell phone so I could text him pictures of the holster before it shipped.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:21:56 PM »
Man Thor, just by looking at those pics, that rig appears to rival the Big Boys! 

And you have your Makers Mark too!  Now you are runnin' with the Big Dogs!

Best To Ya Man

Oh, can post a pic of your mark?

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:24:45 AM »
I appreciate the kind words Reinz.   

Here is a picture of my maker's mark:

-Adam
- George Washington

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
Hey now, that's classy looking. 8) 

I like the rope circle.  Most guys have just a plain circle.   You're fast mover and a shaker.  Good for you!

Offline Dire_Straits

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 10:33:19 AM »
I wish I had come across this thread earlier.  Reinz, thank you for your kind words. 

I'm staying pretty busy building leather, kydex, and hybrid holsters as of late.   Oddly enough I still carry my beloved pup in my Bear Creek sharkskin that I purchased before I started making my own holsters.  I have yet to build one for an R9! 

If you are still wanting a holster made for your R9, I'll be happy to make one for you.   Feel free to PM me or email me at adamhamm1@gmail.com

-adam

I appreciate your offer, however I purchased a leather OWB from another forum member, but thank you just the same.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 01:35:08 PM »
No worries my friend.  I hope it serves you well.

-Adam
- George Washington

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
I love my set-up, with a guy that made this Kydex holster for me, a member here.
It looks like Carbon Fiber, but is one hundred percent all Kydex and works real well.

Pictured with a Kydex pocket holster and magazine pouch.