Author Topic: Range outing today  (Read 3289 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Range outing today
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:15:56 PM »
I took the R9 Covert and the XR9S to the range today.  The R9 performed flawlessly with about 20 rounds of Lawman and Gold Dot 124 two hand Weaver and one hand (dominant...too much arthritis in left thumb/wrist to try that yet).  Cleaned, lubed, loaded with Gold Dots and back in my pocket.

The Boberg is also a joy to shoot, but the magazine kept popping out and firing of course stopped.  I had never had this problem in the past, but had not been to the range with it for about 3 months (out of town most of that time).  I posted on that forum and Arne responded within hours saying he would send me a mag release mechanism, instructions and hex key to fix the problem...apparently now using a shortened (inside) release to allow a better catch.  As usual, excellent factory service.

All in all, a good day at the range.  I've been doing wrist, hand and arm strengthening exercises and it has made a difference in accuracy and in particular with one handed shooting (limp wrist FTF's no longer an issue).  Although both pistols do OK with slow aimed fire, both excel at point and shoot double taps with the front sight only on target and focus on the target rather than the sights.  I'm feeling better about quick accurate response to threat, at least at the 7 yard range that I've been using.  Next trip, I will practice at 15 yards to get a feel for that distance.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
Re: Range outing today
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:24:16 AM »
Great tips,.......thanks