Author Topic: New forum member  (Read 5765 times)

Offline feedramp

New forum member
« on: January 09, 2014, 01:02:24 PM »
Newbie to the forum, and hope to be a Rohrbaugh pistol owner very soon. 

Obviously I'm here to gather a bit more insight and knowledge on the little pistol.

I have been serching for a HK P7 over the course of the last 8 months, but have come to the conclusion that they are way overpriced for a 30 year old firearm.  Collectible or not.

So, I chose the next best thing ...    :)

I currently have numerous tyes of pistols, and are one of those "LNIB" type of guys, who like to keep my weapons in  perfect condition.
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze"

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: New forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:37:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum Feedramp...you will find a lot of kindred souls here.  I would note, however, that although some on the forum value their P7's highly, none appear to consider the R9 "second best" to anything for concealed carry...once you get one you will know!
Regards,
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:42:15 PM »
Feedramp:

Welcome to the forum.
Good luck in your search for your new PUP!

The forum is a wealth of knowledge. Enjoy :)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:02:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Feedramp...you will find a lot of kindred souls here.  I would note, however, that although some on the forum value their P7's highly, none appear to consider the R9 "second best" to anything for concealed carry...once you get one you will know!
Regards,
John

I'm here to endorse what John ("backupr9") said:

Welcome to the Forum!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 07:40:05 AM »
Welcome aboard.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 11:52:01 PM »
I absolutely love my HK P7M8.  I've owned it since 1985 and it has been flawless - out of the box, year after year, all sorts of ammo, never a single problem or malfunction EVER.  It is just a fabulous gun:

I'm also very happy with the R9 so far.  I carry it with me whenever I leave the house.  It goes in a DeSantis holster which goes in a 5.11 Select Pistol Pouch (I'm in Illinois)

Offline feedramp

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 05:39:44 AM »
I agree, the HK P7 is a marvelous pistol, and will always be intrigued by them, but I have many other pistols that will fill the role that a P7 would have.  I however, will not get into a bidding war with some owners, over a P7, especially until the price becomes ridiculous.

A couple of my almost "pocket pistols"... both being .380

The R9 fits the pocket pistol role perfectly, and with the added power of the 9mm.  That's why I'm here ...  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:46:13 AM by feedramp »
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze"

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »
I had a Colt Mustang that I purchased for my wife.  She had a purse with an inner pocket that fit the Mustang perfectly. So I thought "Wow - that's great, she can just keep it in this pocket.

She was going on a business trip, She watched me load the Mustang, and put it cocked and locked in the purse pocket.

When she came back, I opened the pocket and took the Mustang out, the safety was down.  When I saw the safety was off a chill went down my spine...  It was still cocked.  My wife hadn't touched the pistol, hadn't even gone into that purse pocket at all.

The gun didn't discharge but I have no idea how long she was carrying the pistol around cocked with the safety off.

So, I realized it needed to be carried in a holster that covered not only the trigger guard but the safety as well.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 08:52:03 AM »
Scary story Count.  I've had that happen with a compact 1911 .45 in an OWB holster worn at 4 O'clock...had ambidextrous safeties and I suspect the outside got moved...at least it had the grip safety in place and the trigger was protected of course.  I'm glad we both stayed lucky.  Firearms, like automobiles and motorcycles, are intrinsically dangerous and can bite even the most careful of users unexpectedly.   Be smart, be careful, be safe, but be armed.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis