Author Topic: Rohrbaugh 380 versus Seecamp 380  (Read 52083 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh 380 versus Seecamp 380
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 05:00:19 PM »
It's just cool to have both!    ;D At least, for me!    :)

Sounds logical to me ---

if you can afford it -  and/or

justify it.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
I think it just comes down to wants!    ;D  And, of course affordability comes into play, for sure.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 06:05:27 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 07:38:48 PM »
I think it just comes down to wants!    ;D  And, of course affordability comes into play, for sure.

Of course HOW BAD one wants it.

If bad enough, we usually find a way.

Just like yankee2500  wanting an Aug/Microtec bad enough to sell his Seecamp to obtain it.

Quite the sacrifice I might say.

As kjtrains says "it just comes down to wants"

Reinz

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 08:22:29 PM »
John never really liked his Seecamp; I could tell.    ;D  However, I like 'em!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »
Seecamp over Rohrbaugh 380 for the following reasons:
Size
Cost - comparing retail to retail
Custom serial number option

If purchasing a gun built on the Rohrbaugh platform, I think 9mm is the right choice.  
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »
John never really liked his Seecamp; I could tell.    ;D  However, I like 'em!

I liked the LWS just fine, but when deciding what to let go, it was the one gun that was almost new in the box and had a resale value that was more than I paid for it. Also I thought I may get another, but will order a custom serial number.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 07:36:00 PM »
I hear ya, John!   ;D  My Seecamp .380 from Phil is a fairly low serial no. but not a custom one.  How's the hunt coming on the MicroTech?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 09:25:46 PM »
I have a guy looking into getting one for me, and if that doesn't pan out there is a dealer on Gun Broker who sells them for $950
and $20 shipping. I have done a lot of reading and the Microtec gets positive reviews and good feedback from everyone.
  The standard version is what I'm going to get it takes MSAR mags, which can be had for about $20-$25, the E-4 model that takes AR mags is around five to six hundred dollars more. I can buy more mags than I would ever use for that amount of money.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2010, 10:28:14 PM »
Sounds like a winner to me.    :)

Offline Ljutic

• Master
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
I have a guy looking into getting one for me, and if that doesn't pan out there is a dealer on Gun Broker who sells them for $950
and $20 shipping. I have done a lot of reading and the Microtec gets positive reviews and good feedback from everyone.
  The standard version is what I'm going to get it takes MSAR mags, which can be had for about $20-$25, the E-4 model that takes AR mags is around five to six hundred dollars more. I can buy more mags than I would ever use for that amount of money.

John

If you are stuck, let me know.  We have a local MSAR dealer who has a few in stock.  Not sure if it's the model you are looking for or not.  Also not sure of his pricing.  I too would love to have one of these, but I can only safely/securely store a few long guns and I'm full.  
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 02:11:43 PM »

If you are stuck, let me know.  We have a local MSAR dealer who has a few in stock.  Not sure if it's the model you are looking for or not.  Also not sure of his pricing.  I too would love to have one of these, but I can only safely/securely store a few long guns and I'm full.  

Ljutic - the cool thing about the Microtec/AUG is with the press of a button the barrel slides out.  I have mine sitting on the top shelf of the safe with the pistols.

Reinz

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 04:50:50 PM »
I wished they made the MicroTech in .308.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »
They do offer a 6.8 mm Remington SPC barrel.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
I know, but for some reason, I want the .308.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:42 PM »
I wished they made the MicroTech in .308.

I'm right with ya there, that would be so awesome!

I wonder how loud that would be?  

Being closer up to your face and all.