Author Topic: ''The draw'' ..... with an R9  (Read 9596 times)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: ''The draw'' ..... with an R9
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 01:32:51 AM »
For my "always" gun, I'm into deep concealment. Every day, I carry at least one pistol in my right rear pocket in a pocket holster. It looks like a wallet from the outside and I've never been "made" carring a firearm there during the last 19 years or so.

Rear pocket carry may not be the most ideal place to carry a primary firearm, but it is a great place to park a BUG, or a place to carry when dress, weather, or circumstance makes other forms of carry unpractical.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 01:33:41 AM by GeorgeH »

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Re: ''The draw'' ..... with an R9
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 11:21:04 AM »
I prefer front pocket carry over rear pocket -- simply because you can stage your hand on your weapon when in questionable areas...  Such as pumping gas at a convenience store late at night, or walking to the car in the Walmart parking lot late at night -- it doesn't look odd to have my hand in my front pocket, and no one knows what's there (currently a P-3AT).

I've got one of DDGator's convertable holsters for my P-32, but always use it in the front pocket rather than rear.  RJ Hedley's holster is fitted for my P-3AT and is always in my front pocket.

Having the R-9s will be a great addition -- it too, will be front pocket carry.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...