Author Topic: An overdue range trip  (Read 32 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
An overdue range trip
« on: Today at 08:39:30 AM »
Went to the range May 7 (my 81st birthday) for the 1st time in months (wife and I spending more time in hospital labs/X-ray than we would wish).  Shot the R9 4700 first…3 mags downrange at 7 yards.  The 1st mag aimed, did OK but when aiming I tend to flinch.  Second and third mags fired in my usual point/shoot quick mode with impressive center mass hits on a man target.  I love this little beast.   It does a job on my arthritic hands but that’s OK for a classic tiny “shoot little, carry a lot” belly gun.

Also shot my Sig P365.  I am not a fan of striker fired handguns, but I do like this one.  It is soft to shoot, never hiccups, accurate a rather boring (in a good way I guess).  It is harder to carry concealed in hot weather and it requires a steam jack to load the mags (or an Uplula at least).  In any case, a good birthday upright and above ground at my age!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: An overdue range trip
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:33:33 AM »
Very Nice,  I know how a range trip can relieve a lot of stress.  Good to hear that the little gun and you are still doing what you want it to do.

Now regarding the loading of your Sig, toss the other loader in the back of a drawer and forget about it.  You need one of the Speed Beez loaders.  They don't require the three hands that those other loaders do.  You can easily load it with one hand full of cartridges and the loader in the other, not needing a table top or your thigh to make it work.

I got my third loader scheduled to arrive today for a mock43x I've put together.  If it works like the one I have for the G19 and CZ75 I will love it.  Plus it is just about impossible for me to fill all 20 rounds into that 43x magazine without help.

Regarding handguns of that size, check out the FN Reflex next chance you get.  It looks like a striker fired gun but is actually hammer fired and has a surprisingly good trigger out of the box. Capacity, price, reliability, optic mounting options are similar to other guns in it's class.  However, don't see a lot of off the shelf holsters for it yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Speed-Beez-Lever-Loader-Magazine/dp/B097QBVV3H/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2VONT5PGW1RFK&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.i8tlOaNb5Th9IYXmJh7qq9ZIm3JJNBuiVwKAEJmmm6dam1hwdo8vWigdEW084PHDmY3fKe5dvOybRJSbaxftjLjpP-EozPbgdwfP641nP2jy71eI5EJSpKxbkcMJWg7fDLYZQKrcJb1h2u7qE1i-s9u-IflL0aK-s86GAj00sprwXGR2-uDxIhn75ci0ePle_mjT1nEFaNvKuyIuY_eCIYQAJ7uW48j1o22SkGbb0GmKWKKF0HTh4O5fH6Co6xJfONXwQqridr4d9bkBk42w6RNGAdta0CSNELmASg8doB8.EXZEbr7DcCz24L00o3xU5V-IatqudCfnTWclz4pRMLw&dib_tag=se&keywords=speedbeez&qid=1715350846&sprefix=speedbeez%2Caps%2C313&sr=8-1

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: An overdue range trip
« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:10:55 PM »
Thanks Mike, will do!  Don’t need anymore pistols, but will check out the Reflex.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis