Poll

Which Grail gun first?

H&K p7 m8
H&K p7 M13
1950's - 60's Swiss Sig 210

Author Topic: Grail gun... H&K P7 or Sig 210???  (Read 11064 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Grail gun... H&K P7 or Sig 210???
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:08:09 PM »
What say ye fellas?

Well I feel like I'd like to add something to the collection of Grail-like quality. These seem to be the leading choices in my opinion.

I definitely want something that can be shot and not a safe queen and these will fit the bill.

The only other gun I could consider in my price point would be a vintage colt 40's 1911, but finding an original seems so hard to trust. Also I wouldn't really want to shoot it, so back to the top leading choices.

I'd also be interested to know your Grail guns if these 3 options don't do anything for you.

Thanks for the input guys.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:43:02 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Online tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Grail gun... H&K P7 or Sig 210???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:14:40 PM »
Comparing those guns is like chalk and cheese: two different animals.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Grail gun... H&K P7 or Sig 210??? Which one first??
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 10:32:29 PM »
So do you prefer chalk or cheese Tracker?

Seems as though both could be useful.

Oh no, I guess I need both.  8)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:12:17 PM »
I like them both but I would prefer the 210 since I don't own one. It is the only pistol I have ever heard my gunsmith say that there is no reason for him to work on it.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:39 AM »
Your gunsmith is pretty much correct on that, Tracker.  I lucked into a early 210 (Danish Guard 49) a few years
ago and consider it the finest pistol I could ever possibly own.  A pure joy to shoot.  Trigger is precise, accuracy
is hard to believe.  Well balanced and comfortable.  No negatives except for a bit of hammer bite...which is easily
cured with a beavertail add-on piece.  Or...put on the .22 conversion and (no bite) have a match quality pistol in
that caliber, too.  You'll pay as much or more for the conversion than for the gun.  22 Mags are $350 each. :o
Standard, European style heel release mags are $150 apiece. Basic, used 210:  $2500+ dep. on rarity & condition.
The newer 210s (Legend model) clearly do not have the same quality or feel as the 210-8 on back seem to have.
The 210-7 is a dedicated .22, as I understand it.  Some of the others may have had a slight variation for a specific
country or region...not mechanical, just markings. 
Great history...great gun...expensive and worth it.  A true, heirloom quality firearm.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 12:16:29 PM »
For me would be the P7, I am a huge sig fan but have wanted a P7 for years. You could just buy them both one now and the othe in a few years.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:34 PM »
dddonkey wins!!! Lol. I like your thinking sir  ;D

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 01:58:41 AM »

I just fired my p210 for the first time today and it's a flat winner.

Low bore axis.

Smooth as ball bearing slide.

Sleek.

Tight.

Only real drawbacks are the hammer bite and the junky safety and cost IMO, but you can't have a cult pistol without some significant drawbacks to mirror the perks or else everyone would want one. Lol.

But when it came to putting a hole in some cardboard it is the SCHNIZDIGS. Shooting the p7 with a gray guns trigger next to it was not a comparison. The 1949 p210 killed it!

I can't wait to break it out and give it (and the web of my hand) another workout.

I really love the p7 design and funky cool form and function and really started out thinking "wow you can buy 2 p7's for what a 210 goes for. I think this is a bunch of hype. The p7 is the Prefered gun for me of the 2". Then I ran a mag and two and three. Switching back and forth between the p7 and the p49 (210). There was a marked difference between the 2 targets.

P210 a lot of hits in the bullseye and tight grouping.

P7 decent for me but no center ring scores and the grouping was just not as tight.

Both guns are awesome and I have no interest in losing either one, BUT if it came time to dot some i's and cross some T's the ol 49 will take care of jots and titles.

I'm no marksman and don't want to sound like I'm pontificating, but the Sig definitely shot better in my hands.

I'm really stoked about these 2 new purchases and moving away from the hand cannon stage. And yes Tracker, that hand cannon comment was for you. Haha.

John Stuart Mill

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 09:33:23 AM »
The hammer bite can be cured pretty easily.  An "add-on" beavertail extension was
made for those of us with tender skin around the web...me included.  I have a new
one in polished silver that I would sell, if you're interested.
If you are interested in the origin of the design, there is a French Sagen on GB, just
listed...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548196847...that
is supposed to be the conceptual origin of the '49.  I doubt that I will be bidding on
it because I think it might be pretty spendy at the end...but we will see.
Congrats on your acquisitions. They are both heirloom quality firearms.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 11:28:26 AM »

Josh, when you get bored with those two police rejects you might want to buy yourself a real pistol:

http://www.korthusa.com/pistol_en.htm

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 11:47:09 AM »
This link should work for the gunbroker ad posted above by hedrok........................

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548196847

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »
That's the first I've seen of a Korth semi-auto...didn't know they made one.  Didn't look either...'cause I'm afraid
I'd want one.  I know their revolvers are a work of art. 
Maybe when my ship comes in...if I'm not at the train station.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »

Maybe I can sell my Python and make a down payment on one.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 10:28:09 PM »
The hammer bite can be cured pretty easily.  An "add-on" beavertail extension was
made for those of us with tender skin around the web...me included.  I have a new
one in polished silver that I would sell, if you're interested.
If you are interested in the origin of the design, there is a French Sagen on GB, just
listed...http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=548196847...that
is supposed to be the conceptual origin of the '49.  I doubt that I will be bidding on
it because I think it might be pretty spendy at the end...but we will see.
Congrats on your acquisitions. They are both heirloom quality firearms.

Thanks for the info Hedrock. I may look into the beaver tail.

John Stuart Mill

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:27 PM »

Josh, when you get bored with those two police rejects you might want to buy yourself a real pistol:

http://www.korthusa.com/pistol_en.htm

Just as I make room in the safe Tracker, you have to show me this!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!