Author Topic: Do you like "expensive" things?  (Read 6897 times)

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
Re: Do you like "expensive" things?
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 03:34:45 PM »
I think that you're right on the money with this. Most times you get what you pay for and I learned the hard way that it's cheaper in the long run to buy the best you can afford initially than to gradually keep upgrading until you get what you originally wanted. In the end you pay 2 or 3 times the cost of what you wanted to buy in the first place.
Also the difference in quality in most case's is immediately apparent. A 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911. That is until the first time you shoot a Les Baer, or Wilson. Then it's not quite the same anymore. Same thing with a Mont Blanc, or a Randall model 14. Seecamps had a great reputation for consistent high quality and still enjoys the fruits of that reputation.
This applies in spades to the R-9's.
doubletapMike

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 03:38:07 PM »
RJ,
   Those pistols are gorgeous! I thought " Fly and Scuba had some great handguns, but you just went to an entirely different level!
Good for you!

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 12:22:46 AM »
Gator,
  Speaking of fine things, did you get a look at Richards Porsche 911. Talk about smooth and hot. I'll bet you a donut that there is a Browning or Perrassi 12 gauge in the trunk. Very cool! Richard, did you say you had 2 R-9's? LOL

Mike
doubletapMike

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 02:41:04 AM »
I'm still trying to talk RJ into letting me relieve him of the Grim Reaper....

I can see it now, me on the witness stand -- with the plantiff attorney for the estate of the low-life post-hurricane looter (but now being lauded as a fine and caring "baby's daddy" and upstanding citizen) who was efficiently dispatched by the Reaper in my hand...

"Sir, please explain to the jury why you chose to have an urban assault short barreled multiple shot pistol engraved with the Grim Reaper on it's side?"  

My reply -- "because I can".   ;D
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 05:38:45 AM »
Fly,
   Great answer! Good to have you back on board! I assume everything is starting to work out and the first level garage doors worked out fine. Good idea for you. I heard a quote once that goes something like this :" if it's stupid but it works, It's not stupid!"  Any chance you can still make the August 1st deadline? As for me and the reaper, I'm still trying to get a " Serbu shorty 12 gauge! " That tends to end most discussions pretty quickly. There is just this small matter of a class three FFL and I'm home free!  Like that's going to happen.
Take care and welcome home.

Mike
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:53:20 AM by doubletapMike »
doubletapMike

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 03:56:29 PM »
Good to see ya back in Fly - hope you got thru OK.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »
Fly, Good to hear from you. I hope everything is OK.            Mike, I have an as new Benelli M1 Super 90 in 12 gauge you can have.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline doubletapMike

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 08:14:11 PM »
Tom,
  Why am I not surprised? Actually, I already have a Bennelli M-1 super, but I appreciate the thought! I see we are on the same track though. "Fly" is looking for RJ's Grim Reaper revolver.......! I thought you MIGHT have some juice! lol

Mike
doubletapMike