Author Topic: "Quatro" Is Turning Five  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
"Quatro" Is Turning Five
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:12:33 PM »
This post has no gun content. It is merely an update of happenings at the little three-acre piece of ground in the Great Smoky Mountains to which I have retired and call "Critter Creek."

Back in 2009 I posted a story about a duckling that I hatched from an abandoned egg here at the creek and named "Quatro." Here is the link to that 2009 thread:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=2285.0

Quatro's adoptive owner, a young man active in a local 4-H Club, has turned her into what might be called a "therapy duck," taking her to local fairs, sponsored picnics, and nursing homes for interaction with children and invalids. The duck is about to enter her fifth year, and here is a photograph of her and her owner taken last month:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: "Quatro" Is Turning Five
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:30:49 AM »
That is cool!  I guess I missed this story five years back. 

I enjoyed the old thread.  Here in East Tx, we call ducks with those markings " Water Turkeys"  ;D.

Thanks for sharing Richard

FELIZ QUINTO CUMPLEANOS QUATRO!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 08:46:50 PM »
This post has no gun content. It is merely an update of happenings at the little three-acre piece of ground in the Great Smoky Mountains to which I have retired and call "Critter Creek."

Back in 2009 I posted a story about a duckling that I hatched from an abandoned egg here at the creek and named "Quatro." Here is the link to that 2009 thread:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=2285.0

Quatro's adoptive owner, a young man active in a local 4-H Club, has turned her into what might be called a "therapy duck," taking her to local fairs, sponsored picnics, and nursing homes for interaction with children and invalids. The duck is about to enter her fifth year, and here is a photograph of her and her owner taken last month:

:) you are an amazing person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:59 AM »
Thank you, Reinz and Jack. I'm just an old adrenalin junkie who has settled down to enjoy the simpler things in life I used to be too preoccupied to notice.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"