Author Topic: "NOBODY IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW"  (Read 2046 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
"NOBODY IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW"
« on: January 02, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »
I was going to bed the other night when my wife told me that she could see from the bedroom window that I'd left the light on in the shed. As I looked for myself, I saw that there were people in the shed taking things. I phoned the police, who told me that no one was in this area to help at this time, but they would send someone over as soon as they were available. I said OK, hung up, and waited one minute, then phoned the police back.

"Hello. I just called you a minute ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to hurry now cause I've shot them all."  Within five minutes there were half a dozen police cars in the area, an Armed Response unit, the works. Of course, they caught the burglars red-handed.

One of the officers said: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

I replied with "I thought you said there was nobody available!"
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Griff

• Expert
Re: "NOBODY IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW"
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:46:22 PM »
Bravo!
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: "NOBODY IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW"
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »
That's been around several times...good one!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis