Author Topic: #119 (no R) on GB  (Read 7030 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: #119 (no R) on GB
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 09:06:52 PM »
Hey Phil, sure, no problem.

USA was added to the Deer Park slides when we changed the material from 17-4ph to 416 Stainless Steel. Then, the last updating we did was coded with the dots in USA (U.S.A.) This documented to us on "The Inside" that that slide had the firing pin hole moved approximately .150" to the right to fully center the firing pin on a round. It works fine the way it was, but Karl was being "A Putz" and he wanted everything to be right on, hence that update to the slide and the addition of those periods in between the letters U.S.A.

That was the last update prior to selling the company to Remington Arms.

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »
Putz such brotherly love. 😁

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
Thanks for the info Eric.  I was a little bit off topic except someone asked about carriabilty of the earliest pups.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2017, 10:47:05 AM »
Putz such brotherly love. 😁

Ha haa. . . . That particular "Putz" was in a good light.  lol.  But, you know "Brothers".  lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2017, 10:48:56 AM »
Thanks for the info Eric.  I was a little bit off topic except someone asked about carriabilty of the earliest pups.

Yes, I understand Phil. . . . . This entire thread, unfortunately/fortunately, has gone astray here and there. For that we apologize to everyone.

"Sorry 'bout that". . . . .

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 04:30:00 PM »
Mea culpa, my bad on the topic ooze.
It looks like it sold for $1,928.  (Back on topic)

Thanks ECR for the info on generational evolutions.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 08:54:16 PM »
You bet Griff. . . . . . No problem.