Author Topic: New Remington "Rohrbaugh"  (Read 11682 times)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
New Remington "Rohrbaugh"
« on: August 11, 2015, 08:04:19 AM »
 Saw a Remington advertisement the other day on a "new Sub Compact conceal carry gun". The more I looked at it the more I could see Rohrbaugh DNA in it.RM380

All metal construction, Take down Pin, DAO, Removable grip panels, built in sights......

Chief
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:23:04 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: New Remington "Rohrbaugh"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
Yes Chief ~ That's the ole' Rohrbaugh R380 in Remington speak.  8)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »
Saw a Remington advertisement the other day on a "new Sub Compact conceal carry gun". The more I looked at it the more I could see Rohrbaugh DNA in it.RM380

All metal construction, Take down Pin, DAO, Removable grip panels, built in sights......

Chief

Now, if you could only buy one.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
I will buy one...but nothing is going to beat the ORIGINAL..

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »
Thanks Tat.  8)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 08:20:14 PM »
What do you guys guess? Will it take the grip panels that we currently use on our R9's?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
I think the frame on the right side might take an original R380 grip panel- although its a super close fit between the Remington grips and the magazine release button - they may have modified the grips to fit around that button.

On the left side of the gun, I don't think original grip panels will work - there is a cutout in the grip panel for the slide stop lever.

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 08:53:09 AM »
I will buy one...but nothing is going to beat the ORIGINAL..

I'm sure a lot of us will buy one if it ever hits the market.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 01:28:21 PM »
You know I will have one. . . . . . Just because.  ::)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 07:11:55 AM »
The RM-380 is the new iteration of the Rohrbaugh we all know and love. I saw a review of the gun on This weeks "Davidson's Gallery of Guns" on the Sportsman Channel . The delay in the production of the pistol was that they wanted to produce it in the new factory they were building in Alabama. As it is, the RM380 is the first gun produced at the new Facility. The show will be broadcast several times through the week. Probably also on demand and online as well. It was interesting as they made a big push about such things as smooth trigger pull, All metal frame, High grip angle. All things we are very familiar with. Oh, and a special edition is coming out with a "Natural Stainless slide" in the near future commemorating the opening of the new Plant in Alabama.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 07:37:13 AM »
The RM-380 is the new iteration of the Rohrbaugh we all know and love. I saw a review of the gun on This weeks "Davidson's Gallery of Guns" on the Sportsman Channel . The delay in the production of the pistol was that they wanted to produce it in the new factory they were building in Alabama. As it is, the RM380 is the first gun produced at the new Facility. The show will be broadcast several times through the week. Probably also on demand and online as well. It was interesting as they made a big push about such things as smooth trigger pull, All metal frame, High grip angle. All things we are very familiar with. Oh, and a special edition is coming out with a "Natural Stainless slide" in the near future commemorating the opening of the new Plant in Alabama.

Chief
hope it will be out soon....

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 10:07:42 AM »
The MSRP for the RM380 is: $417.00  and for the RM380 AIP (Alabama Inaugrial production) is: $465.00  really nice deals.

Chief

Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »
yep...  If only it didn't have a mag release button and slide stop poking out on the sides it would be a really nice 380 carry piece.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2015, 08:06:47 PM »

They probably want to sell them in California.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:36 PM »
Forgive me, but the more I study that piece the more I tend to look upon it as a "disposable pistol." Hell's bells, I've got holsters and grips for my Rohrbaugh R9 that cost more than the MSRP of that Remington RM380. But as I say, forgive me. It may be a reasonably serviceable gun - for an unknown period of time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 09:17:12 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"