Author Topic: Range Report - Corey's Custom Pup  (Read 3993 times)

Offline CarolinaDuke

Range Report - Corey's Custom Pup
« on: December 15, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
First I must state that any issues being reported were likely caused by the user and not the pup based upon Corey's previous positive experience with this customized R9.  During the initial practice session (5 clips) I had Failure To Eject (FTE) problems on three occasions.  Cause, I believe was a loose grip / weak limp wrist on my part.  This wasn't an issue during the second session once I (was instructed and) maintained a firm grip on the pistol.  (Note...buy a pistol from Corey and lessons and advice are provided free of charge).  I was somewhat surprised at the kick this little 9mm has vs. the .45 1911 Ed Brown used during the same session.  Ended both sessions with trigger failure.  The right side grip screws became slightly loose from the recoil vibration and the Sear Trigger Bar Spring came off one of the spring posts.  Easy enough to fix by removing the grip, adjusting the spring back in place and firmly tightened the screws.. Ordered Locktite Thread Sealant "Blue" to hold the screws in place in the future.  I understand clear finger nail polish works just as well.  During the second session (25 rounds fired) I had one instance where the second bullet Speer Gold Dot remained partially in the magazine and was jammed between the magazine and the inside frame with the slide open following the first shell ejection.  Surprisingly I had no such problems with the cheaper practice ammo.  It was very difficult to release the magazine to correct the problem.  One of those times it would be great to have three hands.  This was the fifth clip just prior to the trigger failure.  Although not likely, the two issues may be tied to one another..  Accuracy is something I'll need to work on.  close range (10 yards) shots were within a 3 feet circle of center.  Pistol intention is close range so there isn't much concern here...We just need to get use to each other.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Range Report - Corey's Custom Pup
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »
Sounds like you have patience and you learning about the pup well.  
Way to hang in there and not get frustated.

Another practice session or two and all will go smoothly.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 08:09:02 AM »
Duke:

It's good to hear that Corey's customized "pup" has settled into its new home. Thanks for the range report. That is pretty much one of a kind you have there.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline CarolinaDuke

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 06:55:31 PM »
Kinda reminds me of a girl I once dated.  Somewhat challenging in the beginning but ultimately well worth the effort.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 08:44:02 PM »
Kinda reminds me of a girl I once dated.  Somewhat challenging in the beginning but ultimately well worth the effort.

;D  ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:46:20 PM »
Was she customized, also?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 09:50:16 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:16:47 PM »
We just need to get use to each other.

Now that's the key!    :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln