Author Topic: New Home for the Pup  (Read 7395 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New Home for the Pup
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 07:25:57 PM »
It is only classified a wallet holster if it conceals the gun, (wallet holsters were made for the High Standard derringers) if you notice the slide is exposed and it is clear it's a gun.
   They are also not illegal if you register it and pay the ATF there $200 AOW fee.

John
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:26:16 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 05:53:49 AM »
Man with a GUN! or Man with a HOLSTER!

AOW, dumb, in regards to this holster the law was made so the criminal element gets a fighting chance.

Look at the beauty of that holster John has, plus you can see that there is a gun.

It is very nice John.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
Man with a GUN! or Man with a HOLSTER!

AOW, dumb, in regards to this holster the law was made so the criminal element gets a fighting chance.

Look at the beauty of that holster John has, plus you can see that there is a gun.

It is very nice John.

Thanks chameleon, my son-inlaw saw the holster and has been pestering me to sell it to him, he carries a Sting Ray billfold.
 I may let him have it as I have a couple of custom holsters in the works. :D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 05:36:06 PM »
John.  Those Del Fatti's will be nice.    :D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Del fatti, singular.
The other is not from him and will be unique.  ;D  ;D

John
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:11:13 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 09:38:21 PM »
John.  I'm sure they'll both be excellent!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2010, 05:59:27 PM »
I think that was if the slide was covered, it is unlawful; this one, the top of the slide is exposed as is John's.

https://www.pagerpal.com/wallet.asp   

FWIW - I do not reccomend this brand.  I have one and it does not hold the gun "down".  It wants to climb out of the holster.

The other brand I have is like John's, and is much more secure.  The funny thing is/was made by a guy here in my town, Tyler, TX.  I lost his name and #.  :-[
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:00:16 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 06:02:11 PM »
Yep!  I've been trying to find one like John's and can't locate it anywhere; then again, was wondering about the open trigger.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 06:13:01 PM »
Yeah, know what you mean about the trigger.  But it is really semi-open.    Just like any other pocket holster, but more so with this one "DON'T PUT ANYTHING ELSE IN THE POCKET"  :D

When you draw it, you put your middle finger in the bottom hole and wrap the pinkie and ring fingers around the grip, with trigger finger extended straight until coming up on target.

Sticking your middle finger in that hole is feels un-natural.

Seems a little awkward at first, but like anything else, with a little practice, muscle memory will set in.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
I was just thinking, sorta hard to untrain yourself to what you've always done before; ya know, like where to put what finger where and when.  I dunno about it, but do like the looks.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
It IS different, but being the "pocket connoisseur" that you are, you gotta get one.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:28:16 PM by Reinz »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 06:29:17 PM »
I think you're right.  Find that # for me!    ;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 11:59:38 PM »
Well my wife looked at the holster and said we should give it to my son-inlaw for Christmas.:o  she said it matches his wallet and you don't have a sting Ray wallet. ::) I told her I needed a new wallet and could get Sting Ray, didn't seem to go over well.
 Now I wont have the holster or the money from it. ;D sometimes I can't win.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 12:30:34 AM »
Sorry about that John, although you are doing a good deed!    ;D

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 11:24:57 AM »
John, you should have said to your wife....great idea honey, why didn't I think of that.....also it'll save y'all some gift money ;) ;) :D ;D ::)   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus