Author Topic: Anyone's R9 been flawless?  (Read 4056 times)

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
Re: Anyone's R9 been flawless?
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:28 PM »
Hi Michael -- it has been over a year since I visited Juneau.  Should be getting kind of cold up there now with very short days.  Keep away from those grizzleys and keep warm.

Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline dctfn

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 01:47:46 PM »

Only one issue out of 150 rds. I prefer 115 gr winn silver-tips. I use Militec grease, light coat. Smooth as silk.

During the first session using GoldDot 124 gr HP FTF fifth Rd in mag

Fred

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 12:24:02 AM »
The pup in my pocket has been totally free of problems..About 250 rounds of various rounds..
Everything from WWB,STHP and GDHP..

My other pups have not been shot as much,but just a couple of glitches having to do with my grip at the time..

I have shot 4 different pups,and all,to me,have been nothing but smooth machines that want to please.. ;)

Brenden

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline bluegun

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 12:16:47 AM »
To Mt.Man:  don't see many brownies this neck of the woods.  on the other hand, we had a big momma blackie and her two cubs climbing all over our deck all summer.  couldn't leave the back door open in the evenings, as we like.  also, kept a shotgun and a cassul .454 handy just in case.  

this is DOWNTOWN juneau, by the way.

you're right, it's getting chillier, and has been raining for about two straight months now.  ah, winter in the rainforest.

nice to hear from you.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 06:56:53 PM »
With 138 rounds through the gun, 100 of which were of recommended ammo, failure rates have exceeded 40%.

>:(
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006, 09:48:41 PM »
No problems, except for one time with some 115 gr WWB and a gun that hadn't been cleaned in awhile.  I switched to gold dots, and it worked just fine -- it may also have been my grip, and it shot the rest of the WWB fine as well.

Dad's hasn't had any problems either.  While their probably is a way to improve the function, I think a great deal of it may be just that the pup is challenging to control.  I actually have an easier time controling it w. one hand.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »
Number 132, I am pleased to report, has shown no vices:

8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"