Author Topic: Holster maintenance  (Read 1969 times)

Offline 72AV8R

Holster maintenance
« on: August 14, 2011, 10:49:37 PM »
What recommendations do you have to keep a pocket holster in top condition?  I will be sending an e-mail to Robert at Meco to get his input, but I thought I would see what some of you use.
Kiwi neutral polish seems to be mentioned on some holster makers FAQ's

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Holster maintenance
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:37:28 PM »
72AV8R.  Richard, here on the Forum, recommended Renaissance Wax/Polish and it's really some good stuff; you can use it on just about anything you want to protect; guns, holsters, you name it.  

http://www.restorationproduct.com/index.html
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 12:47:59 AM »
72, I second the Renaissance Wax, as kj said Richard recommends it and has been using longer than anyone else on the forum.
 It is used by many high profile places like The Smithsonian Institute, and British Museum.
Check out there site.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline 72AV8R

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:10:30 PM »
Thanks for the link to Renaissance.  Robert from Meco replied that the Kiwi would work OK, but after reading about the Renaissance wax, I will go with the best.  After all, both the R9 and Meco's holster are works of art.  So why not use a museum quality wax?!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
Good choice.  You'll really like the stuff.  I lightly coat all the R9's and others as well as the holsters then just wipe them off as with any wax.  You will have protection at it's best.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline 72AV8R

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
Got some Renaissance wax...great stuff. Thanks guys.