Author Topic: first range test of Stealth  (Read 3460 times)

Offline coyote

• Expert
first range test of Stealth
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
i've had my R9S for at least a week but hadn't been able to fire it because i tried to lift a log that was bigger than i am. not very smart. i screwed up my back.

now that its a bit better i finally was able to get out to put a couple dozen rounds downrange.

it's nice. no problemo.

with the loads i was using (cheapie 115gr REM-UMC) it shot a few inches high, but perfect horizontally.

seems to group just fine. at 50' i was getting fist-size groups offhand without trying.

i was expecting recoil to hurt a bit, like it does with an airweight snubbie loaded with +P rounds, but its not as bad as that.

it didn't knock my knuckle, but did sit back into the web of my hand enough to notice it.

it doesn't sting like a seecamp 32 (or even a browning 25). it mostly just bucks around in the hand.

very do-able. its a keeper. i should have picked one up years ago.

thanks everyone for all the help and advice. i'm a happy camper!  ;D
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
Re: first range test of Stealth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »
I think you will find it will get better the more you use it.   On my S&W .38 637, I use Speer 135 grain +P "Short Barrel" and I didn't think the recoil was stiff at all and the accuracy is the best I've seen from a mini handgun.   It's hard to find sometimes but well worth the search.    I prefer the Speer 124 grain Gold Dot for carrying in my own but the most accurate ammo I've tried is the 147 Federal Hydrashok in my son's R9S.   And it shot right to the sights.   Good luck and glad you enjoyed it.   It's always nice to have a trustworthy friend to carry around with you.
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:24:07 PM »
coyote.  Glad to hear the good results and that the R9S is a keeper; and with those Remington-UMC's; continue to enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 11:37:53 AM »

thnx guys!

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Glad you had good results and that your back is better as well.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:33:17 PM »

i appreciate the thought Reinz. yes, its amazing how much better everything seems when you're not in pain and all drugged up! life is good again!!!!

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »
Good news, I know the feeling - rarely. ;D
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE