Author Topic: IWB for R9  (Read 4352 times)

Offline mjt

IWB for R9
« on: March 07, 2006, 10:31:56 PM »

Can anyone recommend a good IWB holster for an R9...perhaps something easy to put on and take off, maybe with a clip as means of attachment?  Or if you are fond of some other type I would appreciate hearing about it.  Thank you!

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re: IWB for R9
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:02:09 PM »
Check out palehorseholsters.com
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline mjt

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 08:57:46 PM »

Thanks very much for that lead...they have some fine items displayed there.  I was hoping for more of a specific recommendation from personal experience with one that somebody used and liked.  

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:31:13 PM »
mjt,

I carry my R9S in the pocket, but did carry a Kahr PM9 IWB, so the experience would be similar.

My favorite holsters come from Milt Sparks.  I used their EXecutive  Companion for the Kahr pistol.

Their big seller just might be the VM-2.  Also, the Summer Special 2 would be a fine choice.

Since your shirt might be un-tucked, please also consider a belt  holster.  I have the 55BN on order right now for an HK USP .45 full size.  An R9S version could keep the pistol up rather high, and you would avoid the discomfort of having something inside your waist band.

It would still be hidden by the untucked shirt.  Milt Sparks could gladly suggest which holster keeps it up high.  I think it would be the 55BN.  Other makers have a model which is similar to the one made by Bruce Nelson, hence the name 55BN.

Meanwhile, once a decision is made to avoid the pocket, many shooters prefer a more powerful weapon.

There is a wait of typically 12 weeks.

Bill
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:31:59 PM by Michigunner »

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 11:28:06 PM »
mjt:

Here's a link to another thread on the forum here about the IWB that I offer at K&D Holsters:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1119894676

www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline mjt

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:10:34 AM »

Michigunner:
Thanks a lot for the lead on Milt Sparks: The site displays some really nice work. I appreciate your recommendations.

K-Man:
Thanks for that thread.  I went to your web site and looked at your assortment: Very nice.

K-Man, looking at small IWBs, under your "Custom" area I noticed "a trimmed down version of your Eagle Defender model" which looks good too as well as a Kel-Tec P-3AT Belt Clip Holster (which I assume can be made for an R9).  Can you tell a little about these in comparison to the one in the thread? Can these be made for R-9?  All look good. Thanks!

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 03:25:25 PM »
mjt:

I can make either of those holsters for the R9S.  cuteo100 has the mini-belt clip one (with gator trim).  Pictures of it are here on the forum.  I'll see if I can find that thread for you.  

The differences between those two holsters and the Mini-IWB Defender holster is the cut/design of the holster and the clips.  The two mentioned above come with a metal clip, which is stationary on the holster(s).  The Mini-IWB comes with the adjustable kydex clips.  These allow you to set the cant and depth and position of the holster.  It's a much more versatile holster in comparison to the other two.  The Mini-IWB holster is wider than the other two.  I make a lot of the IWB holsters with the kydex clips, almost more than the other styles of holsters, except for the ever-popular 2n1 convertible holster.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions that I can help answer.  
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 05:54:58 PM »

Offline mjt

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:34:59 PM »

cuteo100 thanks for that link.  A picture is worth a 1000 words.  

K-Man: thanks for the info.  and the invitation to contact you about the holsters you make.  What is the best way to reach you?   I have attempted to do so through your web site unsuccessfully.  Maybe I am doing something wrong.
Thanks.

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 06:44:05 PM »
You can reach me via my email address of leathercraft@hotmail.com .  Also, our phone contact number is available on our website on the "About K&D" page.  8)
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 07:45:03 AM »
I have an Alessi WSDT for my Kahr K9 which is very comfortable and stable. It uses clips and is easy to put on and take off. I think it would be an excellent choice for the R9.

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »
I would agree with Bill.  Once I am into belt carry I go up in size and caliber.  A small grip makes for a difficult draw.  If still considering a small grip you must PRACTICE the draw and grip over and over and over.  When reaching inside your pocket, the grip is already there.  No fumbling.