Author Topic: Straight or Hooked Extension?  (Read 4420 times)

Offline smokemup

• NC Corvettes
Straight or Hooked Extension?
« on: October 13, 2012, 05:16:41 PM »
What are your experiences or preferences with the straight vs the hooked magazine extensions? I was thinking the hooked would better assist in taming the muzzle flip, but so many seem to prefer the straight, so wazzupwithdat?

Lastly, it appears as if the magazine extensions would be lighter if the base was hollowed out, such as those plastic extensions from Pearce. Thoughts?

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Straight or Hooked Extension?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:04:56 PM »
From day one the hooked extensions have outsold the straight extensions. I just checked my paperwork from the orders placed for the first
run of extensions and the hooked were a three to one favorite.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:03 PM »
I purchased one of each and for me, the hooked one feels better to shoot and the straight looks better. Either one is an improvement.

Mark
Mark

Offline 9mm@FortHood

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 03:30:27 PM »
I had the "doctored" Pearce extensions.  They had some "slop" (didn't fit tight; may have been part of my feeding problem because they didn't fit well) in the grip and they had a tendency of wanting to slide off the mag base.  I went with the hooked one (tight, perfect) from Yankee and haven't looked back :)  When it comes to comparing weights, it doesn't matter to me.  It is more important to me that the extension stays put on the mag.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »
I prefer the straight for carry and range work, but keep the hooked one in the mag pouch...it is easier to pull for quicker reload.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
I have both and prefer the straight. Both require me to tuck my pinky under the mag and the straight makes that a little easier.