Author Topic: Future of the Forum  (Read 17359 times)

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: Future of the Forum
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 02:56:18 PM »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »
That one is already taken.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 06:35:23 PM »
You guys are funny . . . . . . . and entertaining!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 07:27:12 PM »
Maybe Rowboater? ;D

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »
ROMBAUGHER!!! What could be better than wine and guns (except maybe add single malt scotch, really good rye, and good small batch bourbon)?  Perfect fit with the “mouse that roared”.  We could create a forum of like-mineded individuals about mouse guns,  2-carbon fragment libations and errata as desired.  Would need a catchy name....
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 12:35:30 AM »
LOL ~ Ref. "Rowboater" . . . . . . yea, I had one of those.

"RomBaugher". . . . . . That sounds like some sort of German Deli "Headcheese" mixture.   lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 09:15:08 AM »
What in the world are you guys talking about???
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »
LOL ~ Exactly . . . . . I have no idea either, but I'm going with it!  lol

Offline m9x18

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2019, 12:30:56 AM »
It has been a while since I've been here but I do check in periodically to see what is going on. Like so many here, I cherish this forum not only as a resource for knowledge but as a community of friends.

I still have my R9s that I bought brand new all those years ago. To me it's not just a work of art but a piece of functional art. It has seen duty in my in-the-waistband holster and has shared time with me at the range. Properly treated and well-cared for, this little gem will perform.

To me it would be a sad day when this forum is no more. I do not want to see it go away. But even so, I realize that all things must pass. And all of us must prepare for that unwelcome eventuality. I just hope it does not happen for a very, very, long, long time.
Robert

All that is complex is not useful and all that is useful is simple. -- Mikhail Kalashnikov

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 08:29:52 PM »
Time will tell Robert.

Eric R.

Offline Thicker

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 06:32:23 PM »
One of the better gun forums on the web ………..

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 08:00:43 PM »
Thank You Thicker. I only wish there was more to do here. Being my brother and I are no longer in the business, it's sort of difficult to do much here, but yes, it is a super bunch of folks here on the forum.

Regards,

Eric Rohrbaugh

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 12:17:24 AM »
Still checking in.

Happy New Year.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2021, 10:59:29 AM »
I am still here as well....check in most days, but not much happening except buy/sell R9’s. 

The three iconic breakthrough high quality small carry pistols that I am familiar with (I own at least one of each) are the Rohrbaugh, the LWS Seecamp, and the Boberg XR9.  The Boberg is gone, re-invented as the Bond Bullpup, with it’s own following and, I suppose a Bond sponsored forum.  The Rohrbaugh is bought, traded and valued by a small and perhaps diminishing but discriminating group of enthusiasts with a friendly, intelligent and mutually respectful group on its well managed Forum.  The Seecamp, under new ownership is flourishing with an active and also well managed Forum that is, as with the Rohrbaugh Forum, attended by a knowledgeable group of helpful and friendly people.  A number of our members here also participate there.

Now, at the risk of being roundly censored and abused, I would offer a thought for consideration:  Would is be possible to combine this Forum with he Seecamp group by asking if they would add to their “Other Guns” thread an additional “R9 enthusiasts” thread where we could all continue to meet while taking a load and expense off of Duane?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2021, 01:33:25 PM »
My only concern if the forum ended is that the wealth of searchable info would be lost.