Author Topic: Are Paul's Designer.com grips ergonomically the same as factory R9 grips?  (Read 4653 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
I haven't gotten my R9 yet but I am wondering about grips, and doing some reading.

I've read that the VZ Grips make a difference in controllability, I'm wondering what people think of the Desiner.com grips' ergonomics. 

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: Are Paul's Designer.com grips ergonomically the same as factory R9 grips?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:50:35 AM »
I'm sorry if I am having a blonde moment.  I'm not sure I understand your question.   Since there are no controls on the R9, what ergonomics are there?

To me, even though they are slick as in smooth, your skin can stick to them somewhat, more so than OEM grips.

However, I think you can not beat the feel And function of VZ.

As stated on another thread, to enchance the function of my designer grips, I "grooved" the thumb area on both panels.  I think it improved the looks as well.  It looks better than the picture.  They do not look so "plastic".

NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 09:06:22 AM »

I guess ergonomics don't come into play as far as dropping a magazine or thumbing a safety, so mybe that was the incorrect term.

But I was able to track down your post, so thanks for the info:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=3243.msg34791#msg34791

I won't re-open the older thread.

Reading through this older thread it sounds like Paul makes a good grip, some nice looking grips for some people's tastes.  I certainly like the selection of different colors and looks.  But it also sounds like the 320 Carbon Fiber VZ gives the best grip. 

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 01:26:48 AM »
Sounds like you have it sized up pretty well.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE