Author Topic: Two holster options  (Read 2575 times)

Offline jdment

Two holster options
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »
Two options for holsters

1. T-shirt holster (http://www.abetterholster.com/products.htm)
I bought one.  Comfortable and holds my R9 very well.  You can carry two magazines in the other side. Not a very quick draw but the gun is very concealed under a loose fitting shirt.

2. Check out www.sportsmansguide.com
Check out item WX2-130956 2 New Czech Leather Shoulder Holsters.  I have ordered two (BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEM YET).  They look like the perfect "James Bond" carry. The ad says it would be good for a "short barrel, 38 cal. snub-nose type handgun", but the picture looks like a small automatic. I'll post when they come in, but for $19.97 for TWO, it is not much to lose.

Jim

Offline jdment

Re: Two holster options-follow up
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:09:40 PM »
Well the holsters came in from sportsmansguide (item WX2-130956 2 New Czech Leather Shoulder Holsters).  The R9 fits perfectly. Tucks in close to my side, suspender hooks for both sides so feels secure.  Downside: the elastic is very frayed even though the leather parts seem new.  The leather is fairly stiff but I hope will soften and become more flexible as it is worn.  I will have to cover the snaps on the inside of the holster to prevent scratches on the gun.  Overall a good starting point to modify and at $10 each the price is reasonable.  May end up using one as a patern to have a custom holster made.
Jim