Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 12783 times)

Offline Fatboy

Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »
Hi Tom. We are already talking in email. Sorry, I should have put my Fatboy handle in the email (I'm Rick). Trying to find a local FFL today and will then follow up with you. Thanks!

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »
I got it, thanks Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Imposter

• Imposter I am.
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »
I'm new to the forum but not new to the Rohrbaugh.  I have learned much here over the years and thank you guys for posting such helpfull info.  Now that i've signed up maybe I can add something usefull here too but take caution, I AM THE IMPOSTER.
I don't know why but I love pocket pistols.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 04:21:06 PM »
I'm new to the forum but not new to the Rohrbaugh.  I have learned much here over the years and thank you guys for posting such helpfull info.  Now that i've signed up maybe I can add something usefull here too but take caution, I AM THE IMPOSTER.

Welcome to the campfire, "masked person."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2010, 04:26:53 PM »

Welcome, there, pull up a chair or log!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Fatboy

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2010, 05:01:43 PM »
Making progress! Tom has my pup on order from Rohrbaugh and should have it 3-4 weeks. Now the hard part - the wait. Guess I should order some mag extensions and maybe a holster or two in the meantime, and whatever else I can find for it. lol

Welcome to the forum Imposter. Keep it real and enjoy.  ;)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:02 PM »
    Who was that masked man!? Welcome to the forum Imposter. post often.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »
Making progress! Tom has my pup on order from Rohrbaugh and should have it 3-4 weeks. Now the hard part - the wait. Guess I should order some mag extensions and maybe a holster or two in the meantime, and whatever else I can find for it. lol

Rick.  Congrats on getting the pup ordered.  Yep!  The waiting is a very hard thing to do.  Go ahead and get all the goodies ordered and maybe all of it will get there around the same time.  Again, congratulations.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 09:47:23 PM »

Welcome aboard Imposter.  Do you have a Rohrbaugh and if so what era did it come from.  There are several of us here that like the real early Farmingdale models so if you have one of those you could really peak some interest in telling us about it and throwing in some pictures of it.  We like the newer ones too BUT those early blue carbon fiber grip guns are of special interest.  

So, who ever you are dive right in and post away, usefull or not.   ;D

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
Imposter, welcome to the forum as well, enjoy.  Tom

Offline Imposter

• Imposter I am.
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes.  I do have one of the first Rohrbaughs that got shipped out and yes it does have the funky blue looking grips.  It's a safe queen still new in the box.  I ordered a second one the day I picked up the first.  The second one, also with funky blues but a darker gray frame,  is only a few numbers higher than the first but has a R in front of the number.  Yes I know, because of what I've read here on the forum, that my NIB pre-R gun is a keeper.  I am interested in getting a Robar Rohrbaugh soon.  

I'll check back in soon.
I don't know why but I love pocket pistols.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »

Can't wait.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2010, 09:06:16 PM »
My interest is peeked!  Another pre-R has surfaced and a cool story to boot.  Can you post some pictures of the pups for us to drool over?

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
Imposter, careful thats Corey sneaking up behind you ;) ;D ;D  Tom

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 11:56:45 AM »
A Welcome from me as well, been out of town for a few days and had limited internet access. :o
  Let me Pre drool in the event you post pics of the early pups.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson