Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 4949 times)

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Covid 19
« on: March 11, 2020, 09:32:57 AM »
In light of the shortages of things like hand sanitizer and TP, I would recommend stocking up on any items you use to treat a fever, cough, or flu.  This would include Tylenol, Motrin, Mucinex, cough drops, etc.  People are panic buying for Covid 19 and there won’t be anything left on the shelves for those who actually get a cold, flu, etc.  My wife made sure we had a two week supply of Cabernet and Bells Two Hearted in case we get self-quarantined. 

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Covid 19
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 09:37:03 AM »
Excellent Ideas.

Already had the flu this year, Influenza A, and it sucked.

May have to stop by the liquor store and pick up some more Tequila just in case. 

Worried about herself who has jury duty this week in downtown Houston, lots of people in those pools.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
If I have to go into quarantine at home with my wife for 2 weeks, and I die...I want everyone to know that it wasn't the virus that killed me.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 12:41:16 PM »
If I have to go into quarantine at home with my wife for 2 weeks, and I die...I want everyone to know that it wasn't the virus that killed me.

The kids have been home from school for five days and my wife is already trying to figure out how to get a Xanax prescription without leaving the house. 

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 01:12:03 PM »
I just returned from a Kroger store in West University, Houston, and it felt like Paris in August with half the population gone.

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 05:38:25 PM »
We have the the supplies we need, but I have 8 bottles of scotch for me. The kids are on their second week home from school (last week was spring break) and I need to find a place to hide, I don't know how teacher do it.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 05:51:54 PM »
I am thankful that there is not a run on scotch and wine.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
I'm in Troy, Michigan and my wife said the liquor store shelves were really picked over.  They had the tequila she wanted, but the rest of the available bottles were stuff like vermouth
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 08:17:46 AM by PhilZ »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 10:31:00 PM »
As of 8am tomorrow, no more dine in service for restaurants in Harris County/Houston TX.  Only take out or delivery for the next 15 days (to start). Clubs and bars to be closed.  Same for Dallas as well.

Looks like I'll be enjoying a few "Quarantini's", sitting at home day drinking, LOL.

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 10:44:44 PM »
I suppose it could be coincidental, but I went into my local gun shop late this afternoon and 1/3 to 1/2 of the guns had been sold over the weekend and through Monday.
I figured they were just getting ready for a gun show, but nope.  How do you explain that?

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 07:48:15 AM »
  What I read this last week is guns are going off the shelves because of fears from the looting back when Katrina came about.I don't know.No hurricanes up here in Northern Wisconsin.That's what I read.Can't be a lie!!!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 08:22:53 AM »
I suppose it could be coincidental, but I went into my local gun shop late this afternoon and 1/3 to 1/2 of the guns had been sold over the weekend and through Monday.
I figured they were just getting ready for a gun show, but nope.  How do you explain that?

Sgammo.com stopped taking orders yesterday as they were ten days behind on order processing.  People are panic buying.  Same thing will happen if Biden gets elected and puts Beto “Hell yes we’re taking away your AR15” O’Rourke in charge of gun control. 

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 03:35:57 PM »
It is difficult to put faith in any politician. I lost $4000 in bump stocks with this president.  But when a presidential candidate is going to enlist a person who absolutely states their intentions of eliminating guns...I just cannot vote for that.
I wish everybody well and good health, especially through these next few weeks.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
Just set up a range day with family and friends.  Thursday we will introduce a young man to firearms before he ships off to Navy submarine school. Group of us meeting at a range outside Fort Hood to send him off with a bang, or rather a bunch of bangs.

What better way to be resist being quarantined than expressing some freedom  :)

On a side note reading a lot about how fresh air and sunshine can help get rid of this thing.  Those that were housed in emergency tents during the 1918 pandemic did a lot better than those in the hospitals. 

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 11:49:25 PM »
Hopefully this little guy will make you laugh............
(He's got a whole series of these)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8oxndup1QM