Author Topic: new owner's holsters  (Read 2793 times)

Offline marcus

new owner's holsters
« on: March 05, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »
I have a Hidden Holster for front right pocket and a back pocket holster by Pocketholsters.com. I have tried both. With some pants right front works better and allows you to get a grip on pup while still in pocket without anyone knowing you are going for your gun. With some other pants the back pocket works well and looks like a wallet. Anyone have thoughts on sitting on R9 will it cause damage?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: new owner's holsters
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:33:37 AM »
I don't think you will damage the pup, others carry in the back pocket. In some instances you may find comfort to be an issue. John
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:34:43 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:26:09 AM »
How much do you weigh?  ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:04:39 AM »
As long as the pistol is protected by a properly designed back-pocket holster (full-counterprint panel), you should be able to carry your R9 in the back pocket without fear of damaging it.  Even if you were to slip and fall on your "back side," I would expect that the only thing to suffer would be your gluteus maximus, not your R9.  ;)

As John notes, the major issue with back-pocket carry is the comfort factor. Some like it. Others don't. Although, as I recently noted in another thread of the Forum, I usually carry my R9 in the strong-side front pocket (sometimes using a back-pocket holster if the full panel is needed to avoid "printing"), I've become accustomed to back-pocket carry and use it on occasion.

Good luck.

Caveat:  All of the above assumes that the back pocket is deep enough to cover the rig completely. A flap or button closure can also increase security.

[size=10]Edited to correct typos and add caveat.[/size]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 11:21:19 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"