Author Topic: Bedside gun  (Read 3026 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Bedside gun
« on: June 29, 2019, 03:30:57 PM »
My bedside pistol has variously been an H&K USPC .40, one of several revolvers in .38, or a 1911.  My house in Tennessee was old with solid brick and plaster on an acre lot with only one nearby house, and my kids’ bedrooms were upstairs, so these choices seemed reasonable.  I am now retired with my wife in Florida where the houses are close together and appear to be made of gingerbread and sugar.

Realizing that any one of my former choices would go through 3 walls in my house, and possibly traverse the two closest neighbors’ homes as well, I have instead chosen a Judge loaded with .410 self-defense shot shells from Winchester to reside on my nightstand.

What do others here do?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Bedside gun
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:08:57 PM »

What do others here do?

SBR'd AR and a semi-automatic Beretta 1201FP 12 Gauge real close and a 9mm within arms reach.

Very similar (no shotgun) to what I carry everyday in my vehicle.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »
Glock 19 with a silencer.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 11:51:05 AM »
Mossberg JIC 12gauge with 8 rounds and pistol grip with the right rounds, and then not too far P226 with 21 rounds of 147gr gold dots.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 10:50:24 PM »
My bedside pistol has variously been an H&K USPC .40, one of several revolvers in .38, or a 1911.  My house in Tennessee was old with solid brick and plaster on an acre lot with only one nearby house, and my kids’ bedrooms were upstairs, so these choices seemed reasonable.  I am now retired with my wife in Florida where the houses are close together and appear to be made of gingerbread and sugar.

Realizing that any one of my former choices would go through 3 walls in my house, and possibly traverse the two closest neighbors’ homes as well, I have instead chosen a Judge loaded with .410 self-defense shot shells from Winchester to reside on my nightstand.

What do others here do?

Bedside nightstand - Glock 17 (Gen. 4 - Action by Teddy Jacobson), loaded with Speer Gold Dot 9mm Luger 124 Grain JHP. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:28 AM »
Mine is the same as Richard's except there is a Glock 19 beside the 17 for sleeping comfort and companionship.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 10:30:36 PM »
Mine is the same as Richard's except there is a Glock 19 beside the 17 for sleeping comfort and companionship.

Here’s my 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 10:39:45 PM »
backupr9 is on the right track. I have a THUNDER5 in my nightstand.  The T5 is the granddaddy of the Taurus Judge. Mine's loaded with .410 shot-shells in 000 buckshot.  It carries five rounds, but as my nephew (who put me on to the T5) commented, "If five rounds from that thing don't put down a home invader, throw the dang gun at it and run like hell, because it ain't human!" 

Here's a photo of the T5 along with my Rohrbaugh R9s and my 4" S&W 686.  Because of its "road hugging weight" the T5 is surprisingly soft shooting.

Offline Thicker

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 01:48:49 PM »
Most often a 40 or 45......