Author Topic: '03 "Hammerless" Colt  (Read 4691 times)

Offline hedrok

• Expert
'03 "Hammerless" Colt
« on: January 20, 2007, 02:07:02 PM »
Over the past year or two, I seem to remember a fair amount of discusson about older pocket pistols on this forum.  So, for more discussion, here's the question....I've recently come across a Colt model "M" 32 ACP that has literally been in a drawer since purchased new in the early 1930's.  Fired little if at all.  Beautiful blue finish almost perfect except for the backstrap which has a little more of a blue/brown patina.  Unfortunately, the box was thrown away.  One original mag.  Serial nbr. 5193-- seems to put it at a 1932 mfg.  What's it worth?  
 ???

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: '03 "Hammerless" Colt
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 03:39:34 PM »
Hedrok - sounds like quite a pearl you may have found if the price is right.  I only know enough in this case to in that I do not feel comfortable giving advice.

If you have not done so yet,  you may want to go to a Colt forum where the "real" experts are.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:22:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I thought about that point before I posted on this forum....but I always felt like the "straight shooters" reside here.  I may try a Colt group a little later on.  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 07:26:15 PM »
Hedrok:

I sounds as if you might have a Colt Pocket Model 32 Automatic Pistol Third Issue, which was manufactured from 1926-1945.  It is similar to the First and Second Issues, but has a safety disconnector on all pistols above No. 468097 which prevents firing if the magazine is removed.  It came in blued or nickel finishes and checkered walnut stocks.  In excellent condition, I would estimate that it might bring at least $500 -- maybe more.  

That's quite a find you have there!  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 07:40:21 PM »
I have seen these,depending on model,configuration,condition,and of course accessories,going anywhere from a low of 200.00 to 700.00 for a dandy!!

Go to one of the auction sites and you will find a varied amaount for sale-may give you an idea..

These guns have always interested me-I just have never grabbed one up :(

hedrok,
Sounds like a good one..

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 12:34:52 AM »
I have a similar one -- my great uncle gave it to my great aunt -- actually have the box, manual, and the ammo he bought for her.  They're wonderful guns, I instinctively shoot it better than almost anything else.  

I also have the one a different great uncle carried in WWI.

I found a longer barreled 380 ACP version once, but the finish was in very bad shape, and it had some mechanical problems, so I passed on it.  If I ever find a good 380 version, I'd snap it up.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the info...From what you're all saying, it would seem best to let this little gem end up in hands of a collector.  If I had a personal/family history with this 32, I'd have no problem finding a small corner of the safe...Oh, well.....next. Thanks again for the replies........Brian

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 11:55:22 PM »
BTW, if anyone comes across a nice '03 Colt Pocket Auto in 380, please send me a PM.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »
If anybody's interested, my friend decided to put the Colt up on GB.....along side several others including some 380s of a similar vintage.  
Thanks again for the info...Brian

Offline Billmack

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 10:42:44 PM »
Brian,

Does your friend still have the Colt 1903 for sale?

Bill

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 11:05:11 PM »
That little Colt is now with some of its cousins in a very nice collection of smaller caliber handguns....all in VERY nice condition.  I don't know the new owner personally.