Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh R9 (all variations)

I just bought another Stealth R9S

<< < (2/4) > >>

PursuitSS:

--- Quote from: ECR on July 19, 2020, 08:28:20 PM ---Really nice deal there!
You even get a set of the, to me anyway and my favorite, VZ Grips that look like wood on the pistol.
Very classy setup. Great price! Congratulations!

--- End quote ---

Yeah I have VZ Grips on my other 3.

MRC:

--- Quote from: PursuitSS on July 19, 2020, 07:38:01 PM ---Yeah, funny thing is the exact maximum bid I entered was $1,027.01 and another bidder ran it up to my exact maximum bid.

IIRC, this is below what Retail was for a Stealth back in the day.

I’m HAPPY!

--- End quote ---

The other bidder looks like a shill working for the seller to me.

He made four bids after you and ended on $1011.00.  He saw your bid was at $1027.01 so he knew that was your max.

If he really wanted to buy the gun he would have upped your bid by $25.00 to get it.

You did not get a bad deal, but $900.00 would have been a better deal.

PhilZ:

--- Quote from: MRC on July 19, 2020, 09:00:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: PursuitSS on July 19, 2020, 07:38:01 PM ---Yeah, funny thing is the exact maximum bid I entered was $1,027.01 and another bidder ran it up to my exact maximum bid.

I’m HAPPY!

--- End quote ---

He made four bids after you and ended on $1011.00.  He saw your bid was at $1027.01 so he knew that was your max.

If he really wanted to buy the gun he would have upped your bid by $25.00 to get it.

--- End quote ---

One of the former forum members admitted to bidding up auctions to keep the resale values up.  He ended up having to buy a few.

I don’t think the buyer can see your max bid, just the highest you’ve bid up to.  $1027 for a like new Stealth sounds about right. 

MRC:

--- Quote from: PhilZ on July 19, 2020, 09:37:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: MRC on July 19, 2020, 09:00:40 PM ---

I’m HAPPY!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

One of the former forum members admitted to bidding up auctions to keep the resale values up.  He ended up having to buy a few.

I don’t think the buyer can see your max bid, just the highest you’ve bid up to.  $1027 for a like new Stealth sounds about right.

--- End quote ---

If Pursuit's max bid was higher it would have gone to $25.00 more than his bid or $1036.00.  $25.00 is the minimum raise.  Since he knew that it only went to $1027.01, that was Pursuit's max.

Maybe he did not want to bid the $1052.01 which was the minimum next bid.

MRC:

I am certainly not saying that the buyer got a bad deal, the bidding just looks fishy to me.

It happens all the time.  I bought a Smith PC 40 from Lewis Family Firearms one time.  I researched prices fairly well before the end of the auction and I found the same gun had sold about 6 weeks earlier.  The bidding was at a reasonable but somewhat low price and I notice that the Dealer who had bought the gun was bidding against me.  Next the guy who had sold the gun threw in a bid.  I ended up with the gun at a reasonable price.

I call Lewis FFA and told them what was going on and that I was not real pleased.  He acted kind of sheepish about the whole deal and denied that he knew anything about it.  He said if I did not want the gun, I did not have to take it.

The price was decent, so I took delivery but this stuff still irks me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version