Author Topic: frame/slide alignment  (Read 6387 times)

Offline mtarnold5

Re: frame/slide alignment
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 11:30:02 PM »
Mine doesn't sit flush either......and has the gap at the rear of the ejection port directly in front of the extractor.  I have only shot  65 rds. through mine thus far, but it shot perfectly! I will continue to monitor it....but if it shoots like it did the first time out, I will not give it a second thought. Just out of curiosity, other than the visual aspect, what kind of functionality issues does/or could this imperfection pose?

Take care, Mike Arnold

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 11:40:46 PM »
Have two - 400 serial numbers apart - just like Mike's above - never thought much about it.  Hammer recessed in some - slide only a tiny bit back from the frame - small gap at ejection port in front of extractor.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 11:44:25 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 12:00:21 AM »
As was mentioned, this may not be a big deal with no
attendant functional problems but it seems to be worth
some discussion. Funny, how these pups draw such close
observation.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 12:59:21 AM »
It is a bit of an oddity that this handgun has it's own message board and that it is visited by such knowlegable people and that most of us seem to inspect our R9's very closely.  It is hard not to become infatuated with the R9.  It is absolutly unlike any handgun I have ever held in my own hands.  The weight, the smoothness of it's lines, no levers or buttons to get in the way, the fact that it is a 9mm and not a 32 or 380.  It points well and recoil is not a big deal.  And the wonderful trigger.  The R9 is the only DAO that has a good trigger that I have come across.  I said it before on a different thread that I see the R9S as a true piece of what I call Industrial Art.  Like the B-58 Hustler or the F-104 Starfighter.  I carry the R9S and hope I will never have to use it to defend myself and untill then I will admire it as a piece of art.

My 2 R9S's are just like MountainMan describes his 2.
R9SCarry, do you have early serial # R9's.  Could there have been a slight tweaking of dimensions by the heads in the shed since the first R9's were made?

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 08:29:48 PM »
Mike - mine are early-ish!  Remembering that nothing was released before SN 100 - then my first at IIRC 321 was pretty early - #221 if you will.

The second was an ''R'' prefix at 300.  I forget tho when the R started being added.

To remind of dates here is my ''twins'' pic -

Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.