Author Topic: R9S Robar At Gun Show  (Read 2522 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
R9S Robar At Gun Show
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
I just came from a local gun show and there was a R9S Robar for sale there. I have the seller's name & number if anyone is interested.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: R9S Robar At Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 09:40:42 PM »
Out of curiosity, what was he asking for it?

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 09:04:10 AM »
$1295/offers
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »
Thanks, he knows what he has.

How was the rest of the show? 

I've got a new friend that wants to get her first gun for self defense.  We've got a show close in a couple of weeks and I want to take her and let her have a feel for the variety of options that may fit her needs.  However from online retailers and brick and mortar stores nearby, there is not a lot to choose from if you don't want a .22 six shooter.  Finding anything new in 9mm seems almost impossible, unless you want the high end stuff.  I think her budget is around $500.  Hopefully we can find something in the $400 range and spend the rest on ammo and range time.

Got a friend who 'settled' for a surplus Star BM a month ago because it was all he could find and the fit was close enough.
(He shot mine and like it, but wanted a new gun like a Gen 5 G-19 and could not find one.)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 07:55:54 PM »
You can buy pretty much whatever you want on GB & GA.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »
I had the impression that guns and ammo are in short supply. Is that not the case? I know that background checks for gun purchases in August were up considerably month over month from last year and were the highest ever.  .

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/nssf-adjusted-nics-background-checks-for-august-2020-highest-august-on-record/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20200907_BlogDigest_394&utm_campaign=/digest/nssf-adjusted-nics-background-checks-for-august-2020-highest-august-on-record/
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:57:21 PM by tracker »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 08:28:37 AM »
Guns and ammo are in short supply at your local gun shoppes. They are abundant on the internet. GB & GA have almost whatever you want. Short barrel shotguns are in short supply. People around here are complaining because they cannot find Glock 19s. I counted over 500 for sale this morning on GB. Prices are up for ammo, but you can find whatever you want if you do a search on the internet.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2020, 10:35:21 AM »
Prices are higher than normal and MSRP on GB it seems.  Good place to sell, not a good place for me to buy.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 11:32:52 AM »
Just a thought for your friend. I bought my wife a new Kahr CM9. I paid $375 for it. Small, lightweight, easy recoil, 300+ rounds thru it, not one hiccup. Hell of a gun for the money.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 06:31:25 PM »
I talked to her last evening, said she went to Academy and got a .380.  Don't know what she got, she didn't want to bother me.  Paid $<400, so it could be a number of things.  Went back the next day and got 300 rounds of ammo and a lock box, so that's a good thing.  She ended up relying on the sales staff and their advice.  Was by that same store today and no .380s so no telling what she got.  They did have a G43 which surprised me.

Maybe she and I will get a chance to go to the range soon and I'll get a look.