Author Topic: R9 Elite Premium Model Specifications Note  (Read 15146 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
R9 Elite Premium Model Specifications Note
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:31:53 PM »
Well, it's the dead of winter and I thought I'd post something fresh tonight.

I found this the other day in some files. It is the actual hand written list of what we did to each of the sixteen R9 Elite Premium Pistols that were manufactured with great care at the Rohrbaugh facility in Deer Park, New York.

Serialized as:  1 of 16, 2 of 16, etc. all the way up to 16 of 16 . . . . . . These limited production run handguns were sent out with custom made hardwood presentation display cases.

The attached note on our memo pads was written by me so we had the details of these special hand made R9s on paper.

Enjoy viewing below a piece of Rohrbaugh Firearms History!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 08:40:12 PM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tattoo

• Master
Re: R9 Elite Premium Model Specifications Note
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:18:15 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 11:20:02 PM »
What does "Red Ox" refer to?

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 11:20:38 PM »
Does anyone have any pics they can share?

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:47:32 AM »

Love to see one. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 01:21:42 PM »
Thanks for the info.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 02:25:17 PM »

Maybe Duane will post a picture of his.  I have seen a picture somewhere but I could not find it using search.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 02:43:07 PM »
Eric,

Thanks - this is interesting.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 07:15:29 PM »
    That kind of stuff is really cool Eric.

Offline johnny

• Master
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 07:22:39 PM »
  Eric,what city in New York do you live? Have you been getting the bitter cold? Here a little north of Green Bay we have had bitter cold that has hung on for weeks.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 09:25:28 PM »
I may have some photographs external and even internally of the Premium. I have to really look around all of my photograph logs, of which I have about 9,000 plus photos to go through. Yep, that will take some time, but I know I have those "somewhere".

Ref. the cold. I live in New York State out on Long Island. We have been in bitter cold for weeks now. Daytime highs around the upper teens with single digits on the overnight. Blizzard Grayson just came through here and now everything is a frozen mess. We just got out to the stores after being inside for two days. Overnight wind chills have reached around minus 25-30 degrees one evening and pretty much around 10 below zero is common right now. They threaten to get back into the normal mid-30s during the day this coming week. Thank God for that! This bitter cold is taking it's toll here.

I am glad you folks enjoyed the little piece of paper from my shop pad with that interesting information written on it. That was about ten years ago or so!
Wow . . . . . Time flies.

Stay safe out there!

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »
Thought I would touch base here about those photographs of the R9 Elite Premium. I am sorry to say, I just spent an hour going through my old files on the computer looking for them, and I'll be "dawg gonned" if I can't find them anywhere! I am quite upset because I know I did not delete those, but they are in there somewhere. I file my photos by dates, not what they are, which I have come to find out that is not how you file things. With almost ten thousand photographs within the computer, this is going to take a while . . . . . but I will locate them! 

Happy New Year everyone. . . . . . and stay safe out there.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 08:31:32 PM »
I also want to thank you Ericfor the history!!
I sure wish I could have caught  one of those special pups!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 06:49:25 AM »
That one you would have loved! Interesting fact: The reason we only made 16 of these. . . . . . The frames were put into trays that held 48 pieces, three rows of sixteen! We made one row of the R9 Elite Premiums because of that tray! lol. . . . . no other reason.

Fun anecdote for the Rohrbaugh historians.

Eric R.

Offline KenU

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 10:50:50 PM »
Hey guys,

Haven’t posted here for years but wanted to chime in that I was fortunate enough to have acquired, back in the day from Arego Guns in Arkansas, and still own #16 of 16. I know, pics or it didn’t happen. I will try this weekend to post if I can figure out how to do it on this particular site as I’ve never posted any photos here.

I will say this is truly a VERY special R9 presentation package and truly appreciate what Eric and Karl did with that “tray” in making this such a limited classic piece of history. Through the years I’ve been offered all kinds of crazy money and wouldn’t sell this gun if it was the last thing I owned.

Eric, you may remember I sent it back to you because one of the two sides of the front site was just a hair off of the other side - not exactly parallel. You took care of it immediately, sent it right back to me and the rest is “history”, as they say.

Wish you guys were still in the business...!!!