Author Topic: Ordered a R380 today  (Read 9811 times)

Offline LRHogFan

Re: Ordered a R380 today
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 10:00:11 AM »
"$100 less if you just call". Do not understand. You say you visited Arego's and they charged you more for having visited their shop than if you had called them via phone?

This sounds crazy. I have never met Tom Watson, but he treats me great via email and phone. However, if I were to visit The Irish Guard, in Texas, I cannot imagine that Tom would not be correspondingly even friendlier than he has been despite the 2000 miles of geography that seperates us.

Tell me I am wrong, but I don't get this.

To clarify my post:  I visited Arego's guns and saw the Rohrbaugh there.  Came back to do my research and decided this was the gun for me.  After checking the prices with several people, including Tom at the Irish Guard, I decided that $1150 was just what I was going to have to pay to get one.  I would have ordered from Tom, but Arego's is only a hop, skip, and a jump from here and I could have it right away rather than waiting.  

After getting home and doing more searching, somehow I came across the Gunsamerica website at which Arego sells.  He has listings there for the Rohrbaugh which are listed at only $1050 or so, which is $100 less.  I was just saying that maybe I should have just purchased from the website and then picked it up.  I guess I would have saved $100.  

What's done is done, so there's no use crying over spilled milk.  

Offline LRHogFan

Re: Ordered a R380 today
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 10:13:56 AM »
I just sent a message to them regarding their difference in pricing in store versus on Guns America.  I realize that I am hijacking this thread, but I will post up if I hear anything back from them.