Author Topic: Comfortable OWB holster  (Read 2038 times)

Offline GMCash

Comfortable OWB holster
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:39:23 PM »
Bought my R9S some months ago but just recently made the decision to start carrying it, but I seek the opinion of experienced R9 owners on this.  For me it is too large for pocket carry (just my opinion).  I am relatively thin but have the proverbial love handles that I think will make an IWB holster uncomfortable, plus I have become accustomed to wearing my Blackberry for work on my strong side belt.  Does anybody out there have an opinion on wearing an OWB holster on my weak side and crossdraw?  If so, whose holster do you recommend?  If not, what would you recommend (besides losing the love handles - I've been down that road)? This is my first post and I'm new to carrying so I'm grateful for any guidance.   :-/

Offline MrsFosforos

• Sharpshooter
Re: Comfortable OWB holster
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
Contact Robert Meco mecopocketholsterscom
He made this one for me - it's IWB with a 15 degree cant so I can use it crossdraw.

He specializes in pocket holsters, but call or email him. I'll bet he'd be up to the challenge of customizing an OWB holster for you!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:32:39 PM by MrsFosforos »

Offline Slick

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 07:35:14 PM »
I'm a pretty thin guy, less the handles, but I comfortably wear an IWB holster at 4-5 O'clock and find it easy to draw from and not in the way during my daily routine.  I haven't worn my R9s yet, but its smaller than my Colt Pocket Nine and EMP.

Offline GMCash

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »
Thank you MrsFosforos and Slick.  I will give meco a call tomorrow.