Author Topic: Corbon 80 gr. DPX ammo made for R9  (Read 2955 times)

Offline jeffgraham

Corbon 80 gr. DPX ammo made for R9
« on: February 01, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »
March/April issue of American Handgunner says Corbon has made this standard pressure ammo that chronos at 1040-1050 specifically for the R9.  I can't find it on the web.  Anyone know anything about it or where we can get some?  I can't even find it listed on the Corbon web site.

Offline Preston5280

Re: Corbon 80 gr. DPX ammo made for R9
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 02:23:45 AM »
I know you can order it on the Rohrbaugh website.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/store/store_set.html near the bottom of the page.

Offline jeffgraham

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 02:21:51 AM »
Thanks Preston.  I'll order some and see how it shoots.  I do now see that apparently a number of people have not had good luck with it.  I guess I'm a wuss, but I'm looking for some softer recoiling ammo.  I like to shoot a lot.  Hope this fits the bill.  However, I see from the price that this will not be ammo that I can afford to shoot much of.  You have to burn powder to become competent.  I love the Aguilla I.Q. ammo as does my early model Rohrbaugh.  But for our own good the ever wise BATF will no longer let us have this fine ammo.  Your tax dollars at work!

Offline Preston5280

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »
My R9 is still on order...so I don't have an ammo preference yet. I suppose I'll have to start researching a little more in the next few weeks in preparation!

Offline jeffgraham

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:17:53 AM »
Mine has digested everything I've put in it with no problems.  Unfortunately, except for the Aguilla which you can no longer buy, about two 6 round clips are all I want to shoot any other I've tried.  It's just no fun after that.  I know a lot of people view the R9 as a gun to be carried a lot and shot a little.  But it's a real kick to me to be able to shoot such a small gun that you can also actually hit something with due to it's inherent accuracy.  If anyone knows of a softer shooting round I'd love to hear about it.

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »
I'm waiting on delivery of some Hornady Critical Defense 9mm.  I shoot the .380 version and find it relatively light in recoil.  
http://www.hornady.com/images/sell_sheets/09-critical_defense.pdf

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 06:17:39 PM »
Jeff  If the R-9 's bite is to bad give the 380 a shot.  The other day I put 400 rounds downrange with no fatigue at all. The 380 is a sweet gun.  Practice with the 380 and carry the R-9.  Good Luck  Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline jeffgraham

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 12:39:33 AM »
Dan and Murray,
     Thanks for your suggestions.  I didn'y know they were delivering the 380's!  Just what I need, another have to have gun!!!!!!  Does sound like a great suggestion.

Offline Preston5280

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »
I know you can order it on the Rohrbaugh website.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/store/store_set.html near the bottom of the page.

The corbon 80 gr. is no longer on the Rohrbaugh website. Hmmm...

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:13:24 PM »

The corbon 80 gr. is no longer on the Rohrbaugh website. Hmmm...

I noticed that today, when I went to order some.  Maybe they are just our of stock..