Author Topic: US Firearms  (Read 12647 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: US Firearms
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 10:30:46 PM »
Looking forward toward the plan!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2009, 08:29:33 AM »
USFA is an upscale facility that does not build to stock. The .38 Super gun has great appeal to me because I had owned an old Colt, as related above, and wanted to revisit glory prior to my having sold the .38 Super in original box.

Tom and I are both familiar with manufacturing; he on the sales side and me on the buyer's end. A factory must invoke what is called "rough cut capacity planning" in order to advise a customer of his delivery. This is an assessment of available (or ordered) raw material, components and committed labor; commonly referred to as "the pipeline".

The .38 Super is unlikely but there is a backup plan. If backup does not work, "no" is an answer and I will look for the P220 without the picatinny rail.

In any outcome, Tom's willingness to facilitate my wants and needs for the USFA gun is clearly in play. This ought surprise no one who is familiar with the Irish Guard.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:52 AM »
Good plan!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 10:30:16 AM »
I just noticed tracker's post regarding reality vs. anticipation.

Anticipation is capable of either sustaining our interest in receipt of the object or turning the buyer sour due to perceived vulnerability.

Actual receipt of the object may terminate anticipation but that is when buyer's remorse sets in.

In a perfect world anticipation and reward intersect. However, this is not a perfect world. Obama is still president, right?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 11:21:17 AM »
True!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
I just noticed tracker's post regarding reality vs. anticipation.

Anticipation is capable of either sustaining our interest in receipt of the object or turning the buyer sour due to perceived vulnerability.

Actual receipt of the object may terminate anticipation but that is when buyer's remorse sets in.

In a perfect world anticipation and reward intersect. However, this is not a perfect world. Obama is still president, right?

ACP.  Here's a Colt 38 Super at ConcealGun.com new at $960.  Don't know if it is the quality that you want.

http://www.concealgun.com/item/44497__Colt_Hand_Guns_Pistols_CLT_COMMANDER_38SUP_4_25_.aspx

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 05:12:34 PM »
Thank you for your post but Colt does not have the quality they used to which is why I am upgrading to USFA.

This just in: Tom Watson called me and he found the USFA .38 Super 1911 gun at another franchised dealer. My check is enroute to Tom now who bought the gun on my behalf.

Tom will see the gun before I will which is very important. Gun is described as unfired NIB and you have to know the Irish Guard will be looking out for me and making sure the gun is as described.

Tom is simply the best.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 06:58:10 PM »
Glad you will be getting what you were looking for. Things do come for those who wait.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 07:23:09 PM »
That is a great story and very compelling reasons to buy from Tom.
He goes the extra mile.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »
Outstanding! Here's to Tom, and here's to you and your new 1911!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 09:17:45 PM »
kj, tracker & Richard

Thank you for your encouragement. When I pursue something I do so with good will and put my money where my mouth is. However, it is shocking how few purveyors "get it" when it comes to good old fashioned service.

This was not an easy thing for Tom to make happen but he did it and I will never stop using this forum to sing his praises when the Irish Guard so conspicuously earns it.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 07:13:15 PM »
I almost forgot about this string and I wanted the forum to hear the happy ending. I received the US Firearms 1911 in .38 Super earlier this week and the quality is phenomenal(sp?)

Walnut grips are stunning; form-fit-finish of entire gun is unbelievable. (Metal) trigger and grip screws are color case hardened.

The gun comes in a re-enforced cardboard box that folds out, like a book, and contains graphics that are indistinguishable from the original gun that debuted 80 years ago. Box contains (brown) felt fitted "shoe" to protect gun's finish.

Not a cheap gun. However, quality always sells in an up or down market.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 07:16:57 PM »
Glad to hear you got the .38 Super and are pleased.  Great story.  
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:24:07 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 07:40:50 PM »
Great news!

Thanks for posting the end of the story.  It is always a let down when others bring us along their journey and do not share in the ending.

Your ending is no surprise considering the Company and the Dealer you were doing business with.

Good Shooting

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »
I would love to see pictures and congrats!
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster