Author Topic: Burning curiosity  (Read 12982 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Burning curiosity
« on: July 10, 2004, 10:39:58 PM »
Hey - Gator may be interested in this too ..... I am glad to see we have had several new members of late .. seems pace is picking up nicely.

I am intrigued tho to know ..... where did everyone hear of the board??  Even among us older members.

I knew of it from THR when Duane posted about it real early on .... so ..... where did y'all find out about it .... come on .. tell!!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Burning curiosity
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 11:06:53 PM »
I am curious to hear as well.  Traffic is well up.  I know our members are talking us up at other places...  Word is spreading fast.  Thanks, guys and gals!

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline M_V_Dell

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 11:22:24 PM »
Bought 2 R9s's from Alan Yost Firearms
(One for the wife) I did not  get a big hassel
I may have to buys guns in pairs from  now on

Found out about the board from "thehighroad.com"

Maury

Offline Rocnerd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 08:51:43 AM »
I first heard of the R9 from someone over at Glocktalk.  Looked at the website and was at first put off at the price.  Several months of carrying my Sig 232 that was supposed to be my office carry piece started me looking for another alternative.  I remembered the R9 and after visiting their website again stumbled across this site from a Google or Yahoo search.  Funny thing is, after leaving the office carry piece at home more than I would like because of holster/belt/fit issues (I've tried a couple) the price of the R9 seemed reasonable.  Now that I have heard all the reports from this board it seems a bargain.  Besides I've paid that much for handguns before and they will sit in the safe unless to go kill some paper.  A reliable gun that will fit in my pocket that could save my life is worth every penny.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 11:30:34 AM »
Amen to that.

I don't mind paying for quality and customer support.  Its the same reason I buy Surefire flashlights.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 12:35:59 PM »
Eric told me about the forum.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 04:15:45 PM »
Darn ,  I can't remember ! ???
RJ=

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 09:48:09 PM »
Heard about it on the North American Arms forum and Ron Graham's forum.  Lots of people who appreciate good pocket guns there as well as here.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2005, 10:11:55 AM »
I found this forum on a google search.  I also had Eric tell me about it.

Does anyone know why there isn't a link on the rohrbaughfirearms.com site to this forum?  This site has so much value in terms of product education that it's a shame you have to happen upon it by chance.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2005, 10:41:22 AM »
RJ -- being an early adopter, I am sure you saw one of my posts on KTOG or the High Road announcing the new board.

The try to watch the major forums and I jump on any Rohrbaugh discussions and give the link.  I know a lot of you do too...

I talked to Eric originally about linking us off their site, but I think their lawyer said "no."  Damn lawyers.  ::)  This site is not officially affiliated with Rohrbaugh Firearms in any way, so for legal reasons they don't want to have an "official" connection.  Its largely the same reason that Eric doesn't post here.  Corporations have to be careful about statements they make that can be attributed to them later.  With this unofficial forum, that is not a problem for them.

If anyone here knows other places we should be linked from, let me know!

Duane (DDGator)

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2005, 11:13:31 AM »
How about packing.org?  The only mention of rohrbaugh was on the link to K&D Holsters.  They appear to have a good bit of traffic, but you have to search hard for anything about rohrbaugh.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2005, 11:56:42 AM »
My THR presence is moderately high profile and I have a sig link to here and to the FAQ site.  If the hits to FAQ are matched by folks dropping by here then I reckon even those links will have helped a little.

Duane makes valid points re no link to here from the Rohrbaugh official site - pity but - ''prudent'' I'd guess from legal perspective.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 12:08:35 PM »
What about the firearms auction sites?   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 08:36:27 PM »
RJ told me about the Forum.   We had been discussing the Rohrbaugh design by e-mail following the 2002 Shot Show, shortly after which I put my name in line for one of the first ones out of the factory.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline rbonin

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 08:48:34 PM »
As one of the recent newbies, I must say that I heard about this forum on The High Road, NAA and Graham Holsters sites.   To be honest, most of the folks who had the greatest influence were those with whom I first made an acquaintance with on the NAA site.  For several years I have utilized them as a wealth of information.  Their high opinions of the Rohrbaugh finally wore me down.  I surrendered and gave up all thoughts of a Kahr PM9.  And when I finally got to see one close up.... wow!  Many handguns may be doomed for storage after this arrives.