Author Topic: Stealth elite on gun broker  (Read 9635 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Re: Stealth elite on gun broker
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »
As a new R9 owner, I found this interesting. GB has what looks like an Elite in excellent condition for $4500, and a bidding war broke out over the same gun in what I'd call "worn". Honestly worn but nevertheless not in the condition for the $4500 gun. So why pay $4225 for this one? Something special about it that I don't know about?

See my response two posts up.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »
 Total was $4225. My max LISTED bid was $4800 but I would have gone 5-7K to get it.

I have several R9s you can have for 5-7k each.  PM me if you want more info.  Phil

Happy camper ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
kevinqjhps
[/quote]

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 05:13:06 PM »
Total was $4225. My max LISTED bid was $4800 but I would have gone 5-7K to get it.

I have several R9s you can have for 5-7k each.  PM me if you want more info. 

[/quote]

If they are the ELITE's let me know. I have the two tones. Last I got was $900 LNIB with 2 mags. What did you pay?

As they say. "if you can't afford to run with the big dogs................... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:14:37 PM by kevinqjhps »
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »
Wow! . . . . . Nice Kevin!

I really liked making those Stealth Elite models, but they were rather labor intensive to make. I picked out the better looking machined parts for everything in those guns, so you have a good one for sure. Please enjoy it. . . . it is a special R9.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »
Wow! . . . . . Nice Kevin!

I really liked making those Stealth Elite models, but they were rather labor intensive to make. I picked out the better looking machined parts for everything in those guns, so you have a good one for sure. Please enjoy it. . . . it is a special R9.

Eric R.

How many were made in relationship to the Stealth? Thanks
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 12:10:47 PM »
The R9 "Stealth Elite" are as exclusive as they come Kevin. Only 16 were made! Everything hand picked and polished. Serial numbered:  1 of 16, 2 of 16, 3 of 16, etc.

. . . . As for how many regular Stealth models were made, I would say a few thousand of those. They were the most popular model once we started making those!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
"Stealth Elite" was 50-70 guns and "Stealth Elite Premium" was 16 guns.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 12:31:44 PM »
"Stealth Elite" was 50-70 guns and "Stealth Elite Premium" was 16 guns.

Ha haa. . . . . YES YES YES!  I was just coming back here to correct that whoops. The Stealth Elite PREMIUM was only 16 made. Regular Stealth Elite models? . . . . . . .  Hmmmmmm. . . . . . No records available on that anymore as Remington has all of the records from our manufacturing. I can put an educated guess around, wow. . . . tough one here . . . I wish I had a better idea for you guys. They became a labor intensive slide to finish that way by hand, so I discussed it with Karl and we stopped making them. The problem was with polishing the sides on a granite slab using wet sandpapers of different degrees and if something "went wrong" during that process, such as going too far and "loosing" the engraving, that slide was now useless because all of that work was done after it came back from heat treating and then the treatment that made them bleck. I always picked the nicest engraved slide for the Elite models.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:34:15 PM by ECR »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »
As a new R9 owner, I found this interesting. GB has what looks like an Elite in excellent condition for $4500, and a bidding war broke out over the same gun in what I'd call "worn". Honestly worn but nevertheless not in the condition for the $4500 gun. So why pay $4225 for this one? Something special about it that I don't know about?

I bought the gun you are writing about. I looked, and thought about, the $4500 gun but I passed because it IS NEW. I carry and shoot EVERY gun I own and felt it would be a waste to buy the $4500 gun and turn it into a used one.

No. I feel that is best left for a COLLECTOR who will put it away and forget it. The Elite I bought now rides in my right front pocket in a Blackhawk #2 and my two tome rides in a ankle holster.

I didn't want to remove probably the last unfired, or close to one of 50-70 Elites, from the gene pool.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident