Author Topic: How to remove screws  (Read 33809 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: How to remove screws
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
Well, got the Wiha hex in the mail today; Amazon sent the wrong one and it was damaged to the point of unusable; called customer service and they are sending another.  This was just for a spare, anyway.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 04:38:49 PM »

I can tell you don't own a jeep. Anyone with a jeep would never wish for Torx screws for anything in their life.

Or - Just either or

In a world of hex srews and bolts, you get a torx head that some idot replaced in a spot that you can not SEE, that sure can RUIN your whole day trying to fiqure that one out!
i.e., trying to remove a torx head with a hex wrench because you can not see the damn thing.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »
It is just that the torx heads on wranglers always manage to get stripped and you usually have to use a left hand drill bit with the drill in reverse to get them loose,  unless they are rusted bumper bolts, then you torch them out. What a mess. I hate torx bolts.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
Permit me to state for the record that I also HATE torx-head screws/bolts and replace every damned one of the things I find on any piece of my gear or other "stuff."
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 06:41:16 PM »
Permit me to state for the record that I also HATE torx-head screws/bolts and replace every damned one of the things I find on any piece of my gear or other "stuff."

Great advice.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »

Wooha on the Wiha. Combined with John's excellent alloy screws, the Hudy, and/or the Wiha the R9 screws are no longer an issue for me.