Author Topic: For Sale – R9s Serial number R196  (Read 3050 times)

Offline BobJhn

For Sale – R9s Serial number R196
« on: January 04, 2020, 01:41:49 PM »
Early Farmingdale model with blue carbon fiber grips.  Bought September, 2004; has had about 100 rounds through it.  Extra recoil spring.  I have everything that came with it, including the shipping box with the initials “KR + ER”, which might itself be a collector item.  The box also has “R9s – G” (??).    I would call the gun LNIB except for slight wear tracks on top of the chamber.  The pedigree, history and condition of the gun is fully discussed in the thread/topic “Is my R9s Special?...” under the Rohrbaugh R9 general discussion group.  There are photos there.  Also, in that thread, Eric had some comments regarding the wear tracks (no problem) and other factors which may be of interest to anyone interested in this R9s.  The only non-standard feature is a dot of orange that I put on the back of the front sight.  I can remove that if a buyer wishes.  I can provide additional photos, but would do that via e-mail.
It is hard to judge what a “reasonable” price may be.  I don’t care about getting the max possible, but don’t want to pass up too many $ hundreds, part of which I need to get a Sig P365 plus three 12-round mags and holsters.  So, $985 and I will pay FFL insured shipping.  Payment via money order, cashier’s check or other secure method.
I have some K&D leather holsters, left hand, for the R9 and a mag holster all of which are available free if you will pay shipping cost.  These would be shipped separately. 

PM or BJ.BRZ@SBCGLOBAL.NET     

Bob 

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
Re: For Sale – R9s Serial number R196
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 02:27:31 PM »
Somebody jump on this amassing package please. Christmas broke the bank. GLWTS and THANK YOU for posting this HERE FIRST.  8)

Offline BobJhn

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
SHOULD HAVE SAID - - PM OR REGULAR REPLY HERE OR E-MAIL

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 10:43:57 PM »
I did send you an email earlier this evening through the forum with a few questions. Thank you!

Offline BobJhn

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 02:49:50 PM »
WILDMANWILL, Thanks for your interest.  I did not receive a message from you, either on this system or via e-mail. 

I did receive an e-mail with a firm offer about 5:30 PM Saturday, and that sale is in progress.

For anyone interested, the holsters are still available, free to anyone willing to pay the shipping cost.  I will do a separate posting for them - -  after I find where I stored them - -  and will post photos.  I will get an estimate for the shipping cost.

Bob

Offline BobJhn

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 03:00:29 PM »
Now I am still curious about a minor matter.  Can anyone (Eric?) tell me the meaning of the G in “R9s – G” written on the box my gun was shipped in?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 06:47:28 PM »
Now I am still curious about a minor matter.  Can anyone (Eric?) tell me the meaning of the G in “R9s – G” written on the box my gun was shipped in?

Photo please and I'll do my best to explain it.

Right now, it doesn't ring a bell. 

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »

For anyone interested, the holsters are still available, free to anyone willing to pay the shipping cost.  I will do a separate posting for them - -  after I find where I stored them - -  and will post photos.  I will get an estimate for the shipping cost.

Bob

I am interested.  Both me and herself are lefties and I would like an alternative to current pocket carry.

Let me know what I need to do.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 07:44:05 PM »
Good to know about the system, I'll keep that in mind for the future - never had any issues in the past.  Maybe in your junk mail folder?  Congrats to all!! :)
WILDMANWILL, Thanks for your interest.  I did not receive a message from you, either on this system or via e-mail. 

I did receive an e-mail with a firm offer about 5:30 PM Saturday, and that sale is in progress.

Bob