Author Topic: Tribute on GunBroker  (Read 4087 times)

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
Tribute on GunBroker
« on: December 05, 2016, 06:18:25 PM »
This is a very clean one with a little nick in frame. 

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Tribute on GunBroker
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:13:18 PM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/604083804

With a reserve and a buy it now price of $2K, I wonder if he will sell it.
(Guessing the reserve is right at the $2,000 price point.)

Good Luck with your bid mannylinda, it is the only one right now.  Hope I am wrong about the price and you get a good deal.

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 07:36:45 PM »
Thanks Mike, but I just bid to see what happens. I have one LNIB, I have never fired and will post pics to go with my newly purchased ;D Farmie to show old and new.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
Is the  1 of 40 number the seller is quoting correct?

Eric should know.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 06:11:50 PM »
Yes, there were approximately 40 or so of those made. I really enjoyed making those and put the best of the best into those. I wish I had one!  lol.  This looks like a nice example with everything in place. Good Luck to the winner of that one. Those were near the end of our run, then sold to Remington.

Regards,

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 09:34:10 AM »
Thanks Eric.

I thought that maybe there were more of them.  I always thought that they were the best looking of all your variants.

How many of the Mission/Coyote were there approximately?

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 03:01:08 PM »
Eric,
How many of the "Custom"s did you make with the green slide that you had at Shotshow?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 09:21:54 PM »
Thanks Eric.

I thought that maybe there were more of them.  I always thought that they were the best looking of all your variants.

How many of the Mission/Coyote were there approximately?

Exact number unknown. . . . . but, only a handful or so were made as they were a pain to do. I had to paint the finish on (Duracoat) . . . not a fan of the product and was too thick, so much fitting had to be done afterward, that's why we tried it to see how they were, but not fun to build so off they went to the back seat. lol.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 09:25:08 PM »
Eric,
How many of the "Custom"s did you make with the green slide that you had at Shotshow?

That "Custom" with the green/gold slide finish was the one and only like that. I liked the finish, but we were trying to become more "standardized" at the time, so I made a "Custom" and sent it out to sort of "get rid of" that slide. It turns of that that green/gold slide has some worth. lol. . . who would have known!?  Ha haa. . . . .