Author Topic: laser grips  (Read 21334 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: laser grips
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2010, 10:50:05 AM »
I do think Crimson Trace is looking at large production numbers, for sure; to justify their cost and maximize profits.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline shakermountain

• Sharpshooter
Re: laser grips
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2010, 01:10:37 PM »
Let's not get too discouraged. I'll repeat what I found out a couple of months ago - that CT is looking for 3500 + requests to earnestly  begin  the process of making any particular grip model. I got the impression that less than that number would not be a problem if the interest shown is fervent enough - and there's a reasonable expectation of ongoing future demand with little chance of gun manufacturer design change causing obsolescence. I'm very curious to know if anyone has info on whether the potential R45 might also utilize the same grip  as the R9 / R380. Maybe someone who knows Karl better than I do (I've never spoken with him personally) might be able to find out. If so, there'd obviously then be three models using one CT model grip. Serious bang for their R&D buck.