Author Topic: Putting some Rohrbaugh items on eBay again. . . . . .  (Read 5782 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Putting some Rohrbaugh items on eBay again. . . . . .
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »
Lesson on placing bids on eBay. . . . . Do what I do and place a bid up to what you are willing to pay for the item. If there are no bids, then it stays low, if someone bids in the last few seconds, and your placed maximum bid is higher, you still win the item! I have wanted a certain synthesizer and found it on eBay a few months back. I asked myself: "How much do I want to pay (the maximum) for this thing?" . . . and put that number in. It was at $375 at the time I placed a maximum bid of $750 on it. Well, the bidding went up to the next increment, around $385 or so and stopped. So, $375 was that guys last bid. Well, in the last few moments, I'm watching the auction and it ends. I did get it, but "out of nowhere" in comes a bid to $500! I got the synth for $510. . . . The next incremental bid. That $500 was that bidder's maximum price he was willing to pay, but mine was higher but the bidding only goes to the next increment and not your maximum number. So don't be afraid to put in a higher number if you really want an item. The bidding only goes one bid higher than what the other guy put in. So, lesson on eBay bidding. . . . . . . Place your maximum bid on an item and let it bid automatically for you!  Lesson = Completed.   ;)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.