Author Topic: Heading out for The Labor Day Weekend . . . . . .  (Read 4297 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Heading out for The Labor Day Weekend . . . . . .
« on: September 03, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »
Just letting folks know the wife and I are heading off of Long Island today to the Finger Lakes area of New York State for a wedding and just overall hanging out for the next week. I will not be checking in here at all during this time. I will be back around Wednesday, Sept. 9th. to check in and see and followup on any conversations or questions you may have. . . . . . .  I hope you all enjoy The Labor Day Weekend!

Talk to you soon. . . . . . .

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline gkgeiger

• Sharpshooter
Re: Heading out for The Labor Day Weekend . . . . . .
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 11:31:53 AM »
Great place to be for Labor Day. For the last several years I have attended a BMW MC rally in Watkins Glen over labor day. Try not to visit too many wineries.  :D

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 11:33:25 AM »
Have a great week away, and maybe with all that fresh air and rest, thoughts will come to you about a .45 carry that weighs about 24 ozs, has a 3' barrel, holds 7+1, has night sights, & has the Rohrbaugh name on it!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »
Yes a .45 like that would be nice and look great in my collection.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 01:17:59 PM »
Have a wonderful trip, Eric.

Things here at Critter Creek are much the same.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 01:32:09 PM »
Great place to be for Labor Day. For the last several years I have attended a BMW MC rally in Watkins Glen over labor day. Try not to visit too many wineries.  :D

Wow . . . . . Funny you mention the BMW rally there. I was supposed to go to that with some members of the Long Island BMW Riders Club, but the wife threw this wedding / vacation thing at me and it ended up being the same weekend and close to that same area! Go figure. Oh well, there is always next year! We were at Letchworth State Park - "The Grand Canyon of The East". Beautiful there. . . . We were in the main house and then the lodge overlooking the waterfalls, which was lit up in the evenings. The wife and I will be going back again. We never heard of it before, but it is on our list now for a get away place.  ;-)

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 02:03:44 PM »
Have a great week away, and maybe with all that fresh air and rest, thoughts will come to you about a .45 carry that weighs about 24 ozs, has a 3' barrel, holds 7+1, has night sights, & has the Rohrbaugh name on it!

Patience my friend . . . . . . . patience . . . . . .

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 02:05:26 PM »
Have a wonderful trip, Eric.

Things here at Critter Creek are much the same.

Just loved my visit there Rickard. Critter Creek is a very special place. How is the Mrs. doing?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 07:22:38 PM »
Joyce is much the same, Eric. We take it one day and one crisis at a time.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 07:20:16 PM »
Continued prayers my friend. . . . . . . . Say hello for me would you.  ecr