Author Topic: Trigger Catch  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Brian

• Sharpshooter
Trigger Catch
« on: January 17, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
We were was finishing a set of Carbon Fiber Grips for someone yesterday and my son felt a slight catch in the trigger of our R9s.  We could only feel it when we pulled the trigger very, very slowly and it was barely noticeable even then.  But little problems can eventually turn into big ones so we pulled the grips off and found that the draw bar was hitting the slide as it went up under it.  (About 2/3rds of the way through the trigger pull.)  It didn't stop the pull but it was a slight hitch in what is otherwise a flawless action.  We took the bar off and put a slight radius on the appropriate area of the draw bar.  I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this with their Rohrbaughs. 

Brian@DeisgnerGrips.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Trigger Catch
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 08:06:27 PM »
Can't say I have ever experienced that one.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 04:25:06 PM »
Can you remove a tiny bit from inside the right side grip? Draw bar may be flexing slightly enough to hit the grip. 
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »
Hey Kevin, I can tell you with confidence that that sear bar would not bend under the use it is getting inside of the R9 for it's intended task.   ;-)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.