Author Topic: Feinstein proposes assault weapons band  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:22:38 AM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Feinstein proposes assault weapons band
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »
When I was a lowly Senate staffer working my way through college and law school at night, my Senator used to refer to press conferences such as that as "dog and pony shows in which the author of the bill engages in a charade of pointing with pride while viewing with alarm." In any event, unless I've forgotten how to count, there is no way this abomination of a bill can pass the Senate given the number of Democrat Senators who are at risk in the 2014 elections. Even if enough of them were willing to commit the equivalent of ritual seppuku and vote themselves into retirement, the bill would be dead on arrival in the House.

All of which is to say that the 2014 Congressional elections will be the most important in our lifetimes for the future of the Second Amendment.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Feinstein proposes assault weapons band
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
It would appear that some others are are also starting to do the math:

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-may-stand-obamas-way-gun-measures-134432125--politics.html

_____

The bill itself is 122 pages long. Here is a link to the text for those who want to wade through it:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:48:38 PM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"