Author Topic: R9 Kick and accuracy?  (Read 7330 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Kick and accuracy?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:04 AM »

If you are thinking about the 10mm you might want to start looking tomorrow unless you are fond of CCI Blazer.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »
That settles that!  I will look, though.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
Strongly identify with kjtrains buying ammo first; something I have done multiple times in my gun collecting. In fact, I bought a box of 10MM before I got the Glock 29.

I was motivated by the Bren Ten; a gun I pursued but never found. When Glock came out with the model 29, I decided to see how the cartridge performed and enjoyed it for a few years.

I am also fascinated with old hyphenated cartridges and I bought a box of 25-35 prior to finding a vintage Model 55 Winchester in that caliber. Ditto, .327 magnum, before I found the Ruger SP101, which, at the time, was new to the market.

Buying ammo for a gun you do not own is kind of like buying a suit to match your tie. However, by purchasing the ammo for a gun not yet owned, I found it a mechanism to channel the purchase of the gun "to fit the ammo already purchased"; wink, wink.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 05:27:04 PM »
The ammo purchase first is definitely an avenue, for me, to make a more serious venture into getting the weapon.  It's worked for me on most every gun I have.  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »

The gentle persuader to culminate the gun purchase; I try to do something similar in buying the best sporting equipment to spur me on to use it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 11:06:34 PM »
That settles that!  I will look, though.

I going to check Bass Pro Shops here in Ga. for the 10mm.  We'll see!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »

My crystal ball sees a Glock 29 in KJ's future.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
kjtrains: I am not a naysayer but you already have the Glock 33, in .357 Sig. 10MM is more powerful than .357, (an excellent cartridge and superior to the .40S&W), but do you really need the Model 29?

I am your conscience. Pay no attention to what I have written if the butterflies in your belly supercede my thoughts.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 10:25:53 AM »
ACP.  It's just one of those "want" things.  I like powerful stuff.  You're right.  Don't really need it.  

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:20 PM »
I find it so much easier to be someone else's conscience than my own.

Offline Nomad

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »
kjtrains, if you like power, than you will love the g29.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2010, 10:58:40 PM »
Well, I have the Glock 33 .357 sig and have just read that the .357 sig comes very close to the .357 mag, but the 10mm does not.  Says in velocity maybe, but actual delivered power, no.  With that being said, I will hold pat on the 10mm for now.  

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »

Oh come on, KJ; I was looking for another virtual experience--check out the HK MP10--might get you stoked up.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2010, 11:05:39 PM »
I find it so much easier to be someone else's conscience than my own.

I agree.  Does work much easier!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »
Oh come on, KJ; I was looking for another virtual experience--check out the HK MP10--might get you stoked up.

Tracker.  I'm sold on the Glock.  Don't know the first thing about the HK MP10.