Author Topic: Problem!  (Read 1438 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Problem!
« on: August 11, 2022, 09:55:57 AM »
Went to the range the other day with the R9 stealth.  I had the disc come off the guide rod twice in previous range trips, but the last time put (I thought) a sufficient dab of Loctite blue on the threaded end of the guide rod.  Anyway, after firing 4 mags without difficulty as I was going to jack the slide open to document an empty chamber but noticed the guide rod was missing.  Took the firearm home, disassembled it and, no surprise, the disc had, again, come off; HOWEVER, this time the guide rod was truly AWOL..I suspect it went downrange at the last shot.  Bummer!  Anybody have an extra guide rod for an R9 available?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2022, 10:09:41 AM »
Sorry to hear that. 

Hope you find a replacement guide rod soon.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2022, 07:51:53 PM »
There is currently a factory NEW Rohrbaugh R9 Recoil System on eBay for $100.00 plus $3.39 shipping.
I only have a handful of original recoil systems left and when I was selling those, they went for between $250 to $300 each!

Once that part is no longer available, hopefully, some aftermarket vendors may step up to the plate and manufacture some.

They were not cheap to make, I can tell you that. 

I'd check out that one on eBay now. It ends next Friday, August 19th at 12:16 P.M.

eBay item number:284930077719

Good Luck bidding!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 10:01:25 AM »
Thank you Eric.  I will check it out!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis