Author Topic: Speaking About Ammo  (Read 4075 times)

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
Speaking About Ammo
« on: January 07, 2011, 04:28:25 PM »
I'm sorry if this has been covered before and I'm pretty sure it has.   My search ability is not real good and I tried but not very successful.    I have even looked at some other websites for 9mm ballistic info.   What I could find was done in 4-5 inch barrels.  I feel that the sub 3" barrel on the pup will give different results.

Several quality loads have been mentioned and that's the first and most important step,  finding a load that you are confident will fire every time.

The next step I'm wondering about is bullet performance.  As in always expanding and how much penetration out of these short barreled standard loads.

Has anyone done anything in the way of testing these aspects of choosing a load.  

It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Speaking About Ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 07:35:06 PM »
Thanks John,  I had seen this one once and then when I was searching today I couldn't find it.

Still curious if anyone has actually tested bullet performance.

That one kind of gives my golden sabers a nod.   That's what I'm leaning to right now because I have seen them available and at a fair price.    

Maybe I will have to do some testing, but I don't know what I'm doing there.
It will be found an unjust and unwise jealously to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it.
George Washington

Offline Tim B

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 08:11:13 AM »
Here's another link with some chronograph and accuracy data for a few different loads out of the Rohrbaugh:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/R9.htm

-Tim

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 10:08:33 AM »
Tim,
  Good find, I do not recall reading that one before.
I couldn't find a date on the article other than the reference to seeing it at the "04" SHOT show, but would figure it is probably about five years old. My point being the ammo data could be even a little better with the advances in bullet design and powders over the last five years.

John
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:09:47 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
Great article,  Thanks Tim
George Washington

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:42:26 PM »
Here's another link with some chronograph and accuracy data for a few different loads out of the Rohrbaugh:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/R9.htm

-Tim

Tim.  Remember reading that article, your post in Oct. 2010.  Very good.  Thanks.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline skorpyd

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 08:27:29 PM »
George Washington