Author Topic: What items should I have received with my new R9s?  (Read 3333 times)

Offline TeufelTexan

What items should I have received with my new R9s?
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:46:00 AM »
First, let me say that I have followed the R9's for several months online and in print.  I have always kept a fairly mixed stable of firearms (including the full gamut of handguns), but I have to admit that the price was a holding point for picking up an R9.  

I have paid simliar amounts for 1911's and rifles, but I was reluctant to drop the cash on a weapon I had not handled personally.  Living in rural NE Texas with a work schedule that makes "fun shows" hard to get to, I doubted that I would get the chance to handle this latest "holy grail" of defensive handguns.

Today I walked into my local Gunshop, looking for another sub-compact Glock or Kahr to replace a so-so P3AT (I know, but I had need for a pocket pistol with that level of concealablity...).  My dealer sees me come in and immediately walks over and says he's got a gun that I'm gonna want to see.  Before he even clears the counter, I get a little giddy and stammer "You've got a Rohrbaugh?!?" - These kind of reactions are why I suck at buying cars...

Long story short, I parted with a Glock I rarely carry anymore and a K9 which I did carry (in lieu of an R9).  Both of these firearms were ages past NIB and I feel that I got a fair deal on a weapon I will carry much more often.  The R9s is a NIB Deer Park in the R13XX range with the Black Grips.  Fit and finish is outstanding and the manual operation is "butta".

I've been fondling this thing for the last several hours while trying to digest all the info on this forum and the various FAQ's (Great info resource BTW).  This has led me to a couple of new questions.

In R's rebuttal to "Gun Tests", he states that all R9s ship with 2 mags.  Is this still the case?  Mine only came with one in the box.  I highly doubt any duplicity on the part of the dealer as he knows I would pay a premium to have walked out with spares during the same stop - and it ain't like he's moving these en masse.  

Secondly,in regard to Duane's review (CCW, I believe) for the R9, he stated that all R9's ship with spare recoil spring as they require (relatively) frequent replacement.  Again, no spare included in the box.

I guess my questions are:

1: Are these shipping policies still current (Spare spring and mag with each pistol), or have they reduced the items included with new R9's?

2: Knowing that many of you have had frequent personal contact with the factory, if these were omissions by the shop, would you recommed that I contact the factory direct or have my dealer call on this?

My apologies for the long post.  Thanks for all of the info and I'll be certain to update my experiences with the weapon and the "supply" issues as they evolve (On shift tomorrow, but I look to spend a range day on Thursday).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 11:57:00 AM by TeufelTexan »

Offline TeufelTexan

Re: What items should I have received with my new
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:49:06 AM »
Also to add, the box (Black Rohrbaugh locking case) did include the lock, several brochure type manuals and the warranty form.  The zip tie with the orange flag was on the trigger guard and the weapon appears pristine.  No suspicion of a "used passed off as new" situation here...

Thanks again,
TeufelTexan
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 07:59:25 AM by TeufelTexan »

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:13:31 AM »
As far as I know, all Rohrbaughs come with 2 mags and a spare recoil spring. I'd call them to confirm that and then ask the dealer to provide them.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 08:41:05 AM »
TeufelTexan,

Welcome to the forum.  Please come back often.

My R9S also came with two magazines and an extra spring.  It was not very noticeable in one of the plastic bags.

Perhaps the dealer could help.  I don't know if they have to be "official" Rohrbaugh dealers, or not.  Certainly, if he obtained the package directly from the factory, then he would want to correct the situation.

Bill

Offline hedrok

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 08:43:40 AM »
Welcome, TeufelTexan...Thanks for the narrative..It is most
comforting to know that others are similarily afflicted and
addicted. As to your question..sorry..I can't help.  Bought mine lightly used.  My wife and I really enjoyed your post and the smiles it brought. ;) :D

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 12:50:48 PM »
Mine came w. a spare magazine, and recoil spring -- I don't know if they always came w. the spare spring, but unless it's changed recently, they always came w. 2 magazines.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline TeufelTexan

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 01:23:03 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.  I went ahead and called my dealer this A.M.  He said he would put the call through to the factory and try to get it taken care of.

I'll give it a few days to hear something back and let you know how it went.  If no joy, I'll try ringing up the factory myself and see where that gets me.

Thanks again,
TT

Offline DTM_39

• Master
  • NRA LIFE MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 01:40:29 PM »
TT, Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new pup. Mine came with spare mag and spring. Don't know if that has changed. I think a quick call to the factory will clear this up. I do  know from my visits to factory that Eric R. personally cleans tags and packs all guns that leave factory. Dan
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 02:09:14 PM »
TT:

Welcome to the Forum!  It's a good group which gathers here.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 04:53:30 PM »
Teufel,
Where are you in N.E. Texas?

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »
TT,welcome to the forum, happy you got a pup. I'm a Rohrbaugh dealer here in Texas, Dallas. The new guns still come with an extra mag and recoil spring.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 06:58:56 PM »
TeufelTexan,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of the pup!! ;D

Yes,Xtra mag and the spring come in the same bag..Sounds like that may be the only item not included to me..

I am sure it will be taken care of to your satisfaction if it was an oversite..

Again,Welcome...

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 08:47:42 PM »
TeufelTexan - welcome from me too  :)

I hope and trust any omissions will be quickly resolved.  Hope you will enjoy your new family member!

Give us feedback and impressions at any time.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 08:53:04 PM »
TT

I also wish to welcome you.  Lot of nice people here from around the country - including Alaska.  Post often.

Sounds like you may have already visited Chris's (R9SCarry) FAQ site - it is full of info including great disassembly/assembly pictures and videos.

Dave
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:54:59 PM by MountainMan »
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline rtohio

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 09:19:58 PM »
I am a recent purchaser (Jan, 06) with a serial number in the 13xx range and mine did have a spare magazine and spare recoil spring in the same plastic bag.
Sure they will make it right.

RTOhio